|Release date||26 March 2013 (Update)|
|End date||8 April 2013 (Update unknown) edit|
|Succeeded by||2014 Easter event|
The 2013 Easter Event was the first holiday event of Old School RuneScape, and started on the 26th of March. It is identical to the Easter event that occurred in 2007 of the main game.
Catching the Kebbits Edit
Climb down the rabbit hole south of Falador near the Air Altar, and you will find yourself in a labyrinth of tunnels. It is important not to get lost, so retain your sense of direction. You will see many chocolate kebbits bouncing around inside. You need to catch ten of these. To catch a kebbit, just click on one. Sometimes, however, the kebbit will escape. Once you have ten kebbits, head to the kebbit chute, which is due north of the entrance, that the Easter Bunny mentioned, and throw the kebbits in. Walk through the door with the rabbit shape in it and into the next room!
Bowling Easter Eggs Edit
You will find yourself in a room with a large pen full of chocolate kebbits in the center. You need to grab some easter eggs, in which there are piles of them around the pen, and use them as bowling balls to crush the kebbits. Head to one of the four openings, grab some easter eggs, and get bowling!
Once you have hit ten kebbits, run in and pick up the chocolate chunks left over. You have done it! Go back, and climb out to the surface the way you came in. Give the Easter Bunny the chunks, and he will give you half of the chicken suit! But there is still more...
Finding the Rabbit Mould Edit
According to the Easter Bunny, you still have to find the chocolate rabbit mould. The Easter Bunny will give you a magic egg. Don't eat it... yet! Climb down again, and find the rabbit hole. Normally, if you tried to enter it, you couldn't, since it is bunny-sized. Eat the magic egg, however, and you will turn into a bunny! Climb down for the next room.
This seems to be an enclosed farm. Dig one of the patches, and you will come out on seemingly the same farm, in the same hole, but with a horrible farmer, Nigel, patrolling around. If he sees you, he will hit you on the head with his shovel, and you will go back to the original farm.
When you are on Nigel's farm, look for the mould. When you see it, and are back to the original farm, try to go to the same spot as the mould, and dig. This may take a few tries. When you get to the right spot, you will automatically pick it up. Nigel will hit you on the head again, and you're back in the Easter Bunny farm! Exit the way you came, and you will transform back into a human again.
Talk to the Easter Bunny again. He will thank you, and promise not to mess up next year. Then, he will give you the rest of your reward - the rest of the chicken set!
The reward is the full chicken set:
- Chicken head
- Chicken wings
- Chicken legs
- Chicken feet
When wearing the full set, you can do the improved flap emote (if you have unlocked it first from the Stronghold of Security). Your character will rise up into the air, come down and look at its wings.
Also, you get the bunny hop emote!
Music Unlocked Edit
While doing the event, the player unlocks Easter Jig.
- During the event, the Easter Bunny reveals that his name is Harvey which is a reference to Mary Chase's play Harvey in which Harvey is a six-foot tall invisible rabbit.
- The examine text on the Easter Eggs is "A rolling egg gathers no moss." This is a reference to the popular phrase, "A rolling stone gathers no moss."
- Each of the piles of eggs during the bowling portion has a different examine text and egg color, depending on the side of the bowling arena it is found on:
- South: "Bundles!" (Yellow eggs)
- West: "Is this some kind of yolk?" (Green eggs)
- North: "An egg short of a dozen." (Blue eggs)
- East: "Be vewy vewy quiet." (Red eggs)
- The examine text on the red eggs says, "Be vewy vewy quiet," which is a reference to Elmer Fudd from Looney Tunes, who unsuccessfully tries to hunt Bugs Bunny.
- The examine text on the Magic egg is "Let's see how far the rabbit hole goes." This is a reference to the Matrix movie, which itself is referencing Alice in Wonderland.
- The examine text on the Easter Bunny is "He's lucky it isn't rabbit season."
- You could take the magic egg and eat it outside of the rabbit hole. Doing so would cause you to turn into a rabbit for a short amount of time.
• • •
• • •
• • •
• • •
• • •
• • •
• • • •