|Start point||The Mage of Zamorak at the end of the River Lum in the Wilderness (Roams levels 4-7).|
|Description||In the Abyss miniquest, the player helps the Zamorakians access the rune essence mines so that they can craft their own runes. Previously, it had been a Saradominist secret, but the Mage of Zamorak asks for the player's help in learning it.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Starting off Edit
- Follow the River Lum near Edgeville until you reach the Mage of Zamorak, or travel north over the Wilderness ditch; he wanders around Level 4-7 Wilderness. Talk to him, and he will explain to you that it is too dangerous to talk in the Wilderness. He wants you to meet him back at Varrock. Note that he will not talk to you if you are wearing Saradomin or Guthix items.
- Head back to Varrock, and find him located at the Zamorak Chaos Temple (south-east of Aubury's Rune Shop). Talk to him there, and then ask him where he gets his runes from when the question is available. He will tell you about the Abyss and that he is having problems. Say that you will help him.
Getting the readings Edit
- He will then give you a Scrying orb. He will explain that you need to travel to the Rune Essence Mine from three different locations with the orb in your inventory. This will give the scrying orb readings of where you traveled from and how you got there.
- Travel to the Rune Essence Mines from three of the five locations.
- It is suggested you travel from Aubury in Varrock, Archmage Sedridor in the basement of the Wizard's Tower (south of Draynor) and Wizard Cromperty (north-east of the marketplace) at East Ardougne. However, you may also travel from Brimstail at his cave south-west of the Grand Tree or Wizard Distentor at the Magic Guild, which requires 66 Magic, if you want.
- When you are done, go back to the Chaos Temple in Varrock. Speak to the Zamorakian Mage, and he will give you 1,000 Runecrafting experience, an Abyssal book and a small pouch, used to hold 3 rune essence. Then, speak to him again, and he will tell you this is not the place to talk, then says, "Meet me back in the wild, you remember the place." Be sure to exhaust all dialogue options before heading back to Edgeville, or he will tell you to go back to Varrock when you speak to him.
- Travel back to the Wilderness, and talk to him again. He will warn you about the monsters and perils that roam the Abyss. Request to teleport to the Abyss, and you complete the miniquest.
- If you have other god armour on besides Zamorak, he will tell you to take it off before speaking to him, because it is disrespecting the "holy place."
Note: After finishing, be sure to ask him, "So what is this 'abyss' stuff", before departing so that you can save a trip.
- Ability to enter the Abyss
- 1000 experience
- A Small pouch (available to carry 3 pure essence or rune essence)
Required for completing Edit
Completion of the Abyss miniquest is required for the following: