Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High Alch||240 coins|
|Low Alch||160 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||1,525 coins (info)|
|This needs refining.|
Adamantite ore is an item used for Smithing and can be obtained by mining adamantite rocks at 70 Mining. It grants 95 Mining experience when mined. It is rarely used for training Mining, as the long respawn time of 4 minutes leads to only around 1,425 experience an hour if only mining one rock. It is mined most efficiently along with mithril in the Jatizso mine; however, it is not recommended as the mine is inhabited by aggressive level 128 Ice Trolls. It is easy to obtain in both the Al Kharid and West Lumbridge Swamp mine, but Al Kharid Mine has level 14 scorpions, which are aggressive to those under 29 Combat.
- Jatizso Mine - 11 rocks
- Bandit Camp Mine - 8 rocks
- Dwarven Mine - 3 rocks
- South Crandor Mine - 3 rocks
- Al-Kharid Mine - 2 rocks
- Edgeville Dungeon Mine - 2 rocks
- Lumbridge Swamp Southwest Mine - 2 rocks
- Grand Tree Mine - 3 rocks
- Heroes' Guild Mine - 2 rocks
- TzHaar City Mine - 2 rocks
- Elven Mine - 4 rocks
- Abandoned Mine - 13 rocks
- Karamja Jungle Mine - 2 rocks
- Wilderness Resource Area - 6 rocks
As of 17 July 2014 and according to the Boss Pets and Spawn Rates update:
|“||Spawn rates of pretty much everything in Old School will now be consistent throughout all worlds...[and] resources and monsters now spawn at a standardised rate throughout all worlds regardless of how many people are currently online.||”|
— Mods Alfred, Ash, John C, Mat K, Reach, Ronan & Weath
That means adamant ore spawns at a standardised spawn rate, which is 4 minutes after it was last mined, no matter how many players are on a world. Whether it's zero or 2000 players in a single server, all ore across the game will respawn at the same rate.
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Skotizo 321 75 (noted) Corporeal Beast 785 125 (noted) General Graardor 624 15–20 (noted) Terror dog 100; 110 1 Elf warrior 90; 108 1 Green dragon 79 1 Basilisk 61 1 Deviant spectre 169 1 Blue dragon 111 1 Eclectic impling N/A 10 (noted)
- Although adamant is synonymous with hard, immovable, or stubborn, adamant and similar words like adamantite, adamantine (e.g. Virgil on the gate of Tartarus), and adamantium (e.g. Marvel Comics's Wolverine's skeleton) are used to refer to any especially hard substance, whether composed of diamond, some other gemstone, or some type of metal. Both adamant and diamond derive from the Greek word ἀδάμας (adamās), meaning "untameable".
|Mining rocks and sources|