Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|A shrine to the glory of Saradomin.|
An altar is an interactive piece of scenery which allows a player to recharge their Prayer points. To pray at an altar, you must left click on the altar, or right click & select the 'pray' option. Your character will then kneel by the altar and your prayer points will be recharged. To locate an altar look for the altar icon () on the World map or Minimap.
Contrary to popular belief, there is no altar in Falador. The altar situated in Falador in RS3 was added later on in the game, as people complained the city lacked an altar.
- Inside the Lumbridge church, south of the Lumbridge Castle.
- In the Al Kharid Duel Arena lobby.
- In Varrock, in the church in the north-east corner of the city.
- In Varrock, in the chaos temple in the south-east corner of the city.
- Inside the Varrock Palace.
- In the Chaos Temple at level 12 Wilderness, south-east of the Graveyard of Shadows.
- In the Chaos Temple west of the Lava Maze in level 38 Wilderness.
- The Prayer Guild, upstairs in the Edgeville Monastery, just west of Edgeville. It can only be entered by players with a Prayer level of 31. Praying at the altar boosts the player's prayer points +2 above their regular amount.
- Inside the Black Knights' Fortress
- Church south-west of Port Sarim
- Chaos Temple near Goblin Village
- In East Ardougne, north of the General Store.
- The Monastery south of Ardougne.
- West Ardougne, just south of the square.
- Eastern border of Tirannwn, inside the western entrance of the Underground Pass, next to the Well of Voyage
- Paterdomus temple on the River Salve
- The Gorilla Statue in the temple in north-east Ape Atoll
- The Nature altar in Mort Myre Swamp. It can only be upon completing Nature Spirit. Praying at the altar boosts the player's prayer points 2 above their regular amount.
- In Seers' Village
- Upstairs in Lletya
- The church on Entrana
- Graveyard west of the Battlefield
- Camelot Castle
- Heroes' Guild
These are the altars that don't look like the standard altars or have special effects.
- Druid's Circle north of Taverley. The stone in the center of the Henge can be used to recharge.
- Tribal Statue, Tai Bwo Wannai Village. Can only be used on completion of the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest.
- Monastery just west of Edgeville, also known officially as the Prayer Guild. You must have a prayer level of 31 to enter. Praying at the altar boosts the player's prayer points 2 above their current prayer level.
- Nature Altar, Mort Myre Swamp. You must complete the Nature Spirit quest to gain access to this alter. When prayed at, it boosts the player's prayer points 2 above their current prayer level.
- Elidinis Statuette in Nardah. Can be accessed after completing the Spirits of the Elid quest. Not only does this altar restore Prayer, it also briefly boosts a player's Hitpoints above their normal level .
- Yanille Agility dungeon north of Yanille. Praying at this altar opens a trap door that damages you and drops you a floor down into the middle of a large group of poison spiders.
- A player-owned house. You can pray at it normally, or use bones on it for more Prayer experience.