|Release date||9 June 2016 (Update)|
|High Alch||122 coins|
|Low Alch||81 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|You're not sure what this is, but it feels powerful.|
Ancient shards are obtained from monsters found within the Catacombs of Kourend (excluding ghosts). They are used on the altar in the centre of the catacombs for quick transportation to several areas (and are consumed on use):
- Demon's Run - northeast corner with the greater demons.
- Dragon's Den - northwest corner with the brutal black dragons.
- Reeking Cove - southern area with the deviant spectres.
- The Shallows - southeast corner with the King Sand Crabs.
Three can be used with a darklight to create an arclight, a degradeable variant of the darklight that provides stats superior to the abyssal tentacle when used against demons. Three shards provide 1,000 charges; up to a maximum of 10,000.
All NPCs (excluding ghosts) in the Catacombs of Kourend drop the shard at the a rate of 1.5 in (500 - NPC's hitpoints).
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Skotizo 321 1–5 Dark beast 182 1 Brutal black dragon 318 1 Greater Nechryael 200 1 King Sand Crab 107 1 Deviant spectre 169 1 Mutated Bloodveld 123 1 Black demon 178; 184 1 Abyssal demon 124 1 Hellhound 122 1 Dust Devil 110 1 Dagannoth 74; 92 1 Greater Demon 100; 101; 113 1 Hill Giant 28 1
- Prior to the 16 June 2016 update, ancient shards were lost upon death.
• • •