|Also known as||Att, Atk|
as of 13 April 2015 - update
as of 22 April 2015 - update
Fighting accurately Edit
In order to gain experience in the Attack stat, players must choose the accurate attack style. While fighting accurately, players will hit more often than they would when fighting aggressively or defensively.
Attack bonuses Edit
Some weapons give players Attack bonuses when using certain attack types. These bonuses are noted in the Equipment Stats section of the equipment menu. Attack bonuses give players advantages as well as disadvantages in melee combat, based on their target's strengths and weaknesses.
|Attack type||Suitable weapons|
|Stab||Daggers, Swords, Longswords, and Pickaxes.|
|Slash||Swords, Longswords, Hatchets, Scimitars, Battleaxes, and Two-handed swords.|
|Crush||Maces, Battleaxes, Warhammers, and Two-handed swords.|
Other Attack bonuses Edit
- An Amulet of Accuracy gives an equipment bonus of +4 to the stab, slash, and crush Attack types.
- An Amulet of Power gives an equipment bonus of +6 to the stab, slash, and crush Attack types.
- An Amulet of Glory gives an equipment bonus of +10 to the stab, slash and crush Attack types. It is also member's only.
- The beads of the dead gives +1 in all styles. This is member's only
- An Amulet of Fury gives the same bonuses as the Amulet of Glory in the Attack stats, but has more defensive capabilities. It is also member's only.
- A Warrior ring gives an equipment bonus of +4 to just the slash Attack bonus. It is also member's only.
- Any gloves received as a reward from the Culinaromancer's Chest as a reward from the Recipe for Disaster quest gives substantial attack bonuses in stab, slash and crush; the more expensive, the better the bonuses. All of the gloves are member's only.
- "Bronze" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +2 in each melee style.
- "Iron" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +3 in each melee style.
- "Steel" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +4 in each melee style.
- "Black" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +5 in each melee style.
- "Mithril" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +6 in each melee style.
- "Adamantite" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +7 in each melee style.
- "Rune" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +8 in each melee style.
- "Dragon" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +9 in each melee style.
- "Barrows" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +12 in each melee style.
- A player's maximum stab bonus is +142 (Zamorakian Hasta, Dragon defender, Fighter's hat, Ardougne cloak 4, Amulet of fury or Amulet of Glory, Gloves(Barrows))
- A player's maximum slash bonus is +168 (Godsword, Warrior ring (i), Fighter's hat, Gloves(Barrows), fire cape, amulet of fury or amulet of glory)
- A player's maximum crush bonus is +124.(Dharok's great axe, Fire cape, Amulet of fury or Amulet of Glory, Gloves(Barrows), Dwarven helmet)
- A player's maximum range bonus is +217 (Armadyl crossbow, Odium ward, Armadyl helm, Armadyl chestplate, Armadyl plateskirt, Ranger boots, Barrows gloves, Archer's ring (i), Amulet of Fury, Ava's accumalator)
- A player's maximum magic bonus is +139 (3rd age mage hat, Ahrims robe top, Ahrims robe skirt, infinity boots, barrows gloves, seer's ring (i), God cape, 3rd age amulet, Master wand, Mage's book)
- A player's maximum strength bonus is +181.(Godsword, Serpentine helm, Bandos chestplate, bandos tassets, dragon boots, barrow gloves, strength amulet, fire cape)
In order to wield weapons, a certain Attack level requirement must be met. Commonly used items and their corresponding level requirements are as follows:
|Weapon||Attack level required||Other requirements|
|Granite maul||50||50 Strength.|
|Obsidian||60||The Obsidian maul (tzhaar-ket-om), however, requires 60 Strength, but only 1 Attack.|
|Dragon||60||The Dragon longsword and Dragon dagger also require completion of the Lost City quest. The Dragon mace and Dragon battleaxe also require completion of Heroes' Quest. The Dragon halberd also requires completion of Regicide, as well as 30 Strength. The Dragon scimitar also requires completion of Monkey Madness.|
|Barrelchest anchor||60||Requires completion of Great Brain Robbery to obtain and equip.|
The following quests give Attack experience upon completion.
|In Search of the Myreque||600||Yes|
|A Fairy Tale Part I||2,000||Yes|
|In Aid of the Myreque||2,000||Yes|
|A Fairy Tale Part II||2,500*||Yes|
|The Fremennik Trials||2,812.4||Yes|
|Legends Quest||7,650 to 30,600||Yes|
|Shadow of the Storm||10,000*||Yes|
|Tree Gnome Village||11,450||Yes|
|The Grand Tree||18,400||Yes|
|Recipe for Disaster||20,000*||Yes|
|Monkey Madness||20,000 or 35,000||Yes|
|Contact!||7,000 to 14,000*||Yes|
* Indicates that this is optional.
Temporary boosts Edit
Certain items allow a temporary boost of the Attack stat. Commonly used Attack boosts are as follows:
|Attack potion||3 to 12 (3 + 10% of Attack level).|
|Super attack potion||5 to 19 (5 + 15% of Attack level).|
|Combat potion||3 to 12 (3+ 10% of Attack level). Also boosts Strength.|
|Zamorak brew||2 + 20%. Also boosts Strength, lowers Defense and Hitpoints, and restores some Prayer points.|
|Prayer||Clarity of Thought, Improved Reflexes, and Incredible Reflexes boost Attack level by 5%, 10% and 15%, respectively. Chivalry and Piety also increase Attack level by 15% and 20%, respectively, in addition to their other boosts to Defence and Strength.|
|Black mask||15%. Also boosts Strength. Only works when fighting monsters assigned to you by a Slayer Master.|
|Cup of tea||2 points.|
|Ruby harvest||20% when used in a multi-combat zone.|
All percentage values given are calculated and then rounded down. For example, a 10% boost on a level 55 stat would result in
0.10 * 55 = 5.5 --> rounded down --> 5.0, resulting in a +5 boost to that stat.