|Also known as||Att, Atk|
|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
as of 23 May 2017 - update
as of 23 May 2017 - update
Some weapons give players Attack bonuses when using certain attack types. These bonuses are noted in the Equipment Stats section of the equipment menu. Attack bonuses give players advantages as well as disadvantages in melee combat, based on their target's strengths and weaknesses.
|Attack type||Suitable weapons|
|Stab||Daggers, swords, longswords, and pickaxes.|
|Slash||Swords, longswords, axes, scimitars, battleaxes, and two-handed swords.|
|Crush||Maces, battleaxes, warhammers, pickaxes, axes, and two-handed swords.|
Other Attack bonusesEdit
- An amulet of accuracy gives an equipment bonus of +4 to the stab, slash, and crush Attack types.
- An amulet of power gives an equipment bonus of +6 to the stab, slash, and crush Attack types.
- An amulet of glory gives an equipment bonus of +10 to the stab, slash and crush Attack types.
- The beads of the dead gives +1 in all styles.
- An amulet of fury gives the same bonuses as the amulet of glory in the Attack stats, but has higher bonuses in Defence, Strength, and Prayer.
- The amulet of torture gives +15 to all melee attack bonuses.
- A Warrior ring gives an equipment bonus of +4 to just the slash Attack bonus.
- Any gloves received as a reward from the Culinaromancer's Chest as a reward from the Recipe for Disaster quest gives substantial attack bonuses in stab, slash and crush; the more expensive, the better the bonuses.
- "Bronze" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +2 in each melee style.
- "Iron" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +3 in each melee style.
- "Steel" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +4 in each melee style.
- "Black" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +5 in each melee style.
- "Mithril" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +6 in each melee style.
- "Adamantite" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +7 in each melee style.
- "Rune" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +8 in each melee style.
- "Dragon" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +9 in each melee style.
- "Barrows" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +12 in each melee style.
In order to wield weapons, a certain Attack level requirement must be met. Commonly used items and their corresponding level requirements are as follows:
|Weapon||Attack level required||Other requirements|
|White||10||Completion of the Wanted! quest.|
|Swamp Lizard||30||30 in both Ranged and Magic also required.|
|Mystic staves||40||40 Magic.|
|Granite maul||50||50 Strength.|
|Leaf-Bladed Sword||50||55 Slayer|
|Ancient staff||50||50 Magic and completion of Desert Treasure.|
|Iban's staff||50||50 Magic and completion of Underground Pass.|
|Orange Salamander||50||50 in both Ranged and Magic also required.|
|Obsidian||60||The Obsidian maul (Tzhaar-ket-om), however, requires 60 Strength, but only 1 Attack. The Obsidian staff also requires 60 Magic.|
|Dragon||60||The Dragon longsword and Dragon dagger also require completion of the Lost City quest. The Dragon mace and Dragon battleaxe also require completion of Heroes' Quest. The Dragon halberd also requires completion of Regicide, as well as 30 Strength. The Dragon scimitar also requires completion of Monkey Madness.|
|Barrelchest anchor||60||Requires completion of Great Brain Robbery to obtain and equip. Also requires 40 Strength.|
|Red Salamander||60||60 in both Ranged and Magic also required.|
|Barrows||70||70 Strength for Dharok's greataxe and Torag's hammers, 70 Magic for Ahrim's staff.|
|Abyssal bludgeon||70||70 Strength.|
|Zamorakian spear||70||Can be converted into a Zamorakian hasta for 300,000 coins and will also require partial completion of barbarian training.|
|Black Salamander||70||70 in both Ranged and Magic also required.|
|Saradomin's blessed sword||75||None.|
|(Toxic) Staff of the dead||75||75 Magic.|
|Arclight||75||Completion of Shadow of the Storm|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 It should also be noted that Halberds of any material require a Strength level equal to one-half that of its Attack level requirement.
The following quests give Attack experience upon completion.
|In Search of the Myreque||600||Yes|
|A Fairy Tale Part I||2,000||Yes|
|In Aid of the Myreque||2,000||Yes|
|A Fairy Tale Part II||2,500||Yes|
|Tai Bwo Wannai Trio||2,500||Yes|
|The Fremennik Trials||2,812.4||Yes|
|Contact!||7,000 to 14,000||Yes|
|Legends Quest||7,650 to 30,600||Yes|
|Shadow of the Storm||10,000||Yes|
|The Fremennik Isles||10,000 to 20,000||Yes|
|Tree Gnome Village||11,450||Yes|
|The Grand Tree||18,400||Yes|
|Recipe for Disaster||20,000||Yes|
|Monkey Madness||20,000 or 35,000||Yes|
|Monkey Madness II||50,000 or 100,000||Yes|
Certain items allow a temporary boost of the Attack stat. Commonly used Attack boosts are as follows:
|Attack potion||3 to 12 (3 + 10% of Attack level).|
|Super attack potion||5 to 19 (5 + 15% of Attack level).|
|Combat potion||3 to 12 (3+ 10% of Attack level). Also boosts Strength.|
|Zamorak brew||2 + 20%. Also boosts Strength, lowers Defense and Hitpoints, and restores some Prayer points.|
|Prayer||Clarity of Thought, Improved Reflexes, and Incredible Reflexes boost Attack level by 5%, 10% and 15%, respectively. Chivalry and Piety also increase Attack level by 15% and 20%, respectively, in addition to their other boosts to Defence and Strength.|
|Black mask||15%. Also boosts Strength. Only works when fighting monsters assigned to you by a Slayer Master.|
|Cup of tea||2 points.|
|Ruby harvest||20% when used in a multi-combat zone.|
All percentage values given are calculated and then rounded down. For example, a 10% boost on a level 55 stat would result in
0.10 * 55 = 5.5 --> rounded down --> 5.0, resulting in a +5 boost to that stat.