|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|A dark-hearted knight.|
Black Knights are some of the oldest non-player characters in RuneScape. When the game was first released, Black Knights were the strongest foes in RuneScape at level 46, and only three of them existed.
They are much harder to kill than their level suggests and can kill lower levelled players with ease, hitting constant 5s through even adamant armour, although they won't really pose a threat to mid-high levelled players and would be more of an annoyance instead. Safespotting them with magic attacks are the best way to deal with them, though a strong melee weapon works just as well.
- In the Black Knights' Fortress.
- By the Draynor Village fishing spots.
- An area south of the Wilderness ditch, north of Varrock.
- In Taverley Dungeon, in the black knights rooms.
- In the Port Sarim Jail, behind the bars of the cell (only drops bones).
- Southwestern area of the Lava Maze in the Wilderness.
- In an unnamed Black Knights outpost southwest of the Wilderness fishing area and northwest of the Bone Yard.
The aggressiveness of a Black Knight depends on its location.
- Black Knights in most overworld areas (such as near towns and cities) aren't aggressive.
- Black Knights in most areas of their fortress (battlements, towers) are aggressive.
- Black Knights in the Wilderness are aggressive.
- Black Knights in the Taverley Dungeon are aggressive.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 68
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Iron full helm 1 Common 163 Iron sword 1 Common 11 Steel mace 1 Uncommon 19 Mithril arrow 3 Uncommon 111 Black sword 1 Rare 234
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Earth rune 10 Common 50 Body rune 9 Common 81 Chaos rune 6 Uncommon 600 Mind rune 2 Uncommon 8 Death rune 2 Uncommon 608 Law rune 3 Uncommon 510 Cosmic rune 7 Rare 1,015
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Potato seed 4 Common 8 Onion seed 4 Common 4 Cabbage seed 4 Common 8 Tomato seed 3 Rare 6 Sweetcorn seed 3 Rare 153 Strawberry seed 2; 3 Rare 90–135 Watermelon seed 2 Rare 824
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 1–58 Common Not sold Tin ore 1 Common 69 Steel bar 1 Common 535 Pot of flour 1 Uncommon 148 Bread 1 Rare 139 Herb 1 Rare Not sold
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,616 Loop half of key 1 Common 8,825 Tooth half of key 1 Common 16,488 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 1,093 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 2,020 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 1,317 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 272 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 16,683 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 13,550 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,764 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 27,443 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 40,442 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,916 Rune javelin 5 Rare 630 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 7,400 Adamant javelin 20 Rare 1,280 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 25,121 Steel arrow 150 Rare 5,250 Rune arrow 42 Rare 3,906 Law rune 45 Rare 7,650 Death rune 45 Rare 13,680 Dragonstone 1 Rare 16,478 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 36,611 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 61,371 Shield left half 1 Very rare 74,758 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 41,047
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|Incumbent||Strongest monster in RuneScape||Moss Giant|