|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|A dark-hearted knight.|
Black Knights are some of the oldest non-player characters in RuneScape. When the game was first released, Black Knights were the strongest foes in RuneScape at level 46, and only three of them existed.
They are much harder to kill than their level suggests and can kill lower levelled players with ease, hitting constant 5s through even adamant armour, although they won't really pose a threat to mid-high levelled players and would be more of an annoyance instead. Safespotting them with magic attacks are the best way to deal with them, though a strong melee weapon works just as well.
- In the Black Knights' Fortress.
- By the Draynor Village fishing spots.
- An area south of the Wilderness ditch, north of Varrock.
- In Taverley Dungeon, in the black knights rooms.
- In the Port Sarim Jail, behind the bars of the cell (only drops bones).
- Southwestern area of the Lava Maze in the Wilderness.
- In an unnamed Black Knights outpost southwest of the Wilderness fishing area and northwest of the Bone Yard.
The aggressiveness of a Black Knight depends on its location.
- Black Knights in most overworld areas (such as near towns and cities) aren't aggressive.
- Black Knights in most areas of their fortress (battlements, towers) are aggressive.
- Black Knights in the Wilderness are aggressive.
- Black Knights in the Taverley Dungeon are aggressive.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 62
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Iron full helm 1 Common 166 Iron sword 1 Common 14 Steel mace 1 Uncommon 18 Mithril arrow 3 Uncommon 120 Black sword 1 Rare 269
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Earth rune 10 Common 50 Body rune 9 Common 36 Chaos rune 6 Uncommon 570 Mind rune 2 Uncommon 8 Death rune 2 Uncommon 518 Law rune 3 Uncommon 525 Cosmic rune 7 Rare 910
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Potato seed 4 Common 4 Onion seed 4 Common 4 Cabbage seed 4 Common 4 Tomato seed 3 Rare 3 Sweetcorn seed 3 Rare 45 Strawberry seed 2; 3 Rare 22–33 Watermelon seed 2 Rare 1,118
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 1–58 Common Not sold Tin ore 1 Common 44 Steel bar 1 Common 519 Pot of flour 1 Uncommon 106 Bread 1 Rare 188 Herb 1 Rare Not sold
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,493 Loop half of key 1 Common 9,093 Tooth half of key 1 Common 17,412 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 907 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,819 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 972 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 364 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 14,204 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,444 Rune spear 1 Rare 11,832 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,385 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 37,842 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,524 Rune javelin 5 Rare 570 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 7,200 Adamant javelin 20 Rare 1,400 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 22,495 Steel arrow 150 Rare 5,700 Rune arrow 42 Rare 3,948 Law rune 45 Rare 7,875 Death rune 45 Rare 11,655 Dragonstone 1 Rare 15,916 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,218 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 58,763 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,305 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,660