|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Always drops||• Blue dragonhide|
• Dragon bones
|A mother dragon.|
Blue dragons are the third strongest of the chromatic dragons, behind red dragons and black dragons. Like all dragons, they can breathe dragonfire, which can inflict over 50 damage if proper protections aren't used. Dragonfire can be mitigated by equipping an anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield – alongside the usage of an antifire potion, which will completely negate dragonfire damage. On top of the strong dragonfire breath, they also attack with an accurate slash attack.
Protections from dragonfireEdit
The following methods will provide partial protection:
- An anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield (permanent): offers high protection, reducing dragonfire damage significantly.
- An antifire potion (temporary): offers partial protection, resulting in damage reduction generally with resistance similar to the shield mentioned above. Occasionally, you may be 'horribly burnt by the dragon fire', receiving moderate damage.
The following methods will provide 100% protection, but each has its own pros and cons:
- An antifire potion + an anti-dragon or a dragonfire shield: temporary but saves a large amount of food considering how long each potion lasts.
- An antifire potion + Protect from Magic: not advised due to the high cost of prayer potions, this is only recommended for players with a high level Prayer. Alternatively, prayer flicking is an option.
Alternate methods to avoid usage of potions includes the Heroes' Guild, which has a blue dragon in a fenced off area that can be safe spotted. If one has partially completed Watchtower, there are safespots in the Ogre Enclave with six dragons that spawn. Taverley Dungeon also has some safespots with the use of the columns and big eggs.
- Taverley Dungeon (9) - requires either a Dusty key or level 70 Agility (65 with Summer pie)
- 12 more can be found in the upper level. However, players can only kill them if they have a blue dragon slayer assignment.
- Ogre Enclave (6) - requires completion of Watchtower
- Heroes' Guild (1) - requires completion of Heroes' Quest
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Steel battleaxe 1 Common 202 Mithril axe 1 Uncommon 235 Mithril spear 1 Uncommon 326 Steel platelegs 1 Uncommon 417 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 1,135 Adamant full helm 1 Rare 1,905 Rune dagger 1 Rare 4,524
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Water rune 75 Uncommon 375 Nature rune 15 Uncommon 3,180 Fire rune 37 Uncommon 185 Law rune 3 Uncommon 525
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy guam leaf 1 Common 6 Grimy harralander 1 Common 492 Grimy marrentill 1 Common 17 Grimy tarromin 1 Common 130 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 2,643 Grimy irit leaf 1 Uncommon 1,124 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 2,663 Grimy lantadyme 1 Uncommon 1,927 Grimy ranarr weed 1 Uncommon 8,232 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 1,534 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 947
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 11; 44; 132; 200; 440 Common Not sold Adamantite ore 1 Uncommon 1,449 Bass 1 Uncommon 291 Ensouled dragon head 1 Uncommon (1/50) 10,842 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,493 Loop half of key 1 Common 9,093 Tooth half of key 1 Common 17,412 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 907 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,819 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 972 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 364 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 14,204 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,444 Rune spear 1 Rare 11,832 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,385 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 37,842 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,524 Rune javelin 5 Rare 570 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 7,200 Adamant javelin 20 Rare 1,460 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 22,495 Steel arrow 150 Rare 5,700 Rune arrow 42 Rare 3,948 Law rune 45 Rare 7,875 Death rune 45 Rare 11,655 Dragonstone 1 Rare 15,916 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,218 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 58,763 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,305 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,660
Dragons and dragon-like races