|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Always drops||• Blue dragonhide|
• Dragon bones
|A mother dragon.|
Blue dragons are the third strongest of the chromatic dragons, behind red dragons and black dragons. Like all dragons, they can breathe dragonfire, which can inflict over 50 damage if proper protections aren't used. Dragonfire can be mitigated by equipping an anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield – alongside the usage of an antifire potion, which will completely negate dragonfire damage. On top of the strong dragonfire breath, they also attack with an accurate slash attack.
Protections from dragonfireEdit
The following methods will provide partial protection:
- An anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield (permanent): offers high protection, reducing dragonfire damage significantly.
- An antifire potion (temporary): offers partial protection, resulting in damage reduction generally with resistance similar to the shield mentioned above. Occasionally, you may be 'horribly burnt by the dragon fire', receiving moderate damage.
The following methods will provide 100% protection, but each has its own pros and cons:
- An antifire potion + an anti-dragon or a dragonfire shield: temporary but saves a large amount of food considering how long each potion lasts.
- An antifire potion + Protect from Magic: not advised due to the high cost of prayer potions, this is only recommended for players with a high level Prayer. Alternatively, prayer flicking is an option.
Alternate methods to avoid usage of potions includes the Heroes' Guild, which has a blue dragon in a fenced off area that can be safe spotted. If one has partially completed Watchtower, there are safespots in the Ogre Enclave with six dragons that spawn. Taverley Dungeon also has some safespots with the use of the columns and big eggs.
- Taverley Dungeon (9) - requires either a Dusty key or level 70 Agility (65 with Summer pie)
- Ogre Enclave (6) - requires completion of Watchtower
- Heroes' Guild (1) - requires completion of Heroes' Quest
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Steel battleaxe 1 Common 223 Mithril axe 1 Uncommon 243 Mithril spear 1 Uncommon 334 Steel platelegs 1 Uncommon 444 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 1,145 Adamant full helm 1 Rare 1,940 Rune dagger 1 Rare 4,598
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Water rune 75 Uncommon 375 Nature rune 15 Uncommon 3,375 Fire rune 37 Uncommon 185 Law rune 3 Uncommon 582
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy guam leaf 1 Common 9 Grimy harralander 1 Common 478 Grimy marrentill 1 Common 13 Grimy tarromin 1 Common 114 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 2,338 Grimy irit leaf 1 Uncommon 923 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 2,155 Grimy lantadyme 1 Uncommon 1,726 Grimy ranarr weed 1 Uncommon 7,860 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 1,282 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 867
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 11; 44; 132; 200; 440 Common Not sold Adamantite ore 1 Uncommon 1,275 Bass 1 Uncommon 254 Ensouled dragon head 1 Uncommon (1/50) 10,504 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,399 Loop half of key 1 Common 10,359 Tooth half of key 1 Common 15,730 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 817 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,814 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 1,014 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 502 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 15,075 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,551 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,176 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 25,400 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 39,646 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,622 Rune javelin 5 Rare 570 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 7,800 Adamant javelin 20 Rare 1,360 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 23,232 Steel arrow 150 Rare 5,550 Rune arrow 42 Rare 4,662 Law rune 45 Rare 8,730 Death rune 45 Rare 15,660 Dragonstone 1 Rare 16,751 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 34,297 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 61,068 Shield left half 1 Very rare 71,695 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 41,130
Dragons and dragon-like races