|Release date||9 August 2004 (Update)|
|No. of banks||2|
|No. of altars||None|
|Inhabitants/Race||Burthorpe Imperial Guard|
|Location on World Map|
The Principality of Burthorpe is a small military town located northwest of Falador. It is the only area of Asgarnia that is not controlled by the White Knights, as Prince Anlaf's personal guard protects the town due to rising political tensions with the Faladian military. It features heavily in several quests, and is the location of the Burthorpe Games Room.
Burthorpe can be entered either from:
- Taverley southern gate.
- Through the use of a Games necklace to Burthorpe Games Room.
- Additionally, players may use the free minigame teleport located in their minigame list every thirty minutes.
- From the northeastern area of Death Plateau.
Notable Features Edit
- Burthorpe is a dreary city, home to a military training camp. Soldiers in black armour and claws stand in ranks, performing drill exercises. Attackable soldiers are one of the only two ways to obtain black claws. (The other being Giant rock crabs)
- Burthorpe Castle is home to the Burthorpe Games Rooms.
- Burthorpe is also home to the Warriors' Guild, a large combination of melee-based minigames. It requires a combination level 130 of Attack and Strength, or level 99 Attack or Strength to enter.
- The Heroes' Guild is just south of Burthorpe. Speak to Achetties to start the Heroes Quest.
- The Toad and Chicken Inn (or Burthorpe Tavern), located just west of Turael, is crowded with soldiers. There are also respawns of Asgarnian Ale and Beer glasses. Behind the bar is a trapdoor that can be opened, leading to a basement. Opening the door in the basement leads to an area that contains:
- The Rogues' Den minigame. (requiring 50 Agility and 50 Thieving)
- A fire that burns eternally with a bank right next to the fire (the bank is the NPC named Emerald Benedict). This is a popular place for people training cooking.
- Grace's Graceful Clothing is a clothing store owned by Grace. It is the only store that sells graceful clothing (reduces weight when worn), which is bought with marks of grace.
- Outside the Toad and Chicken Inn, you can speak to Bernald for the Garden of Tranquility quest.
- Burthorpe is also the respawn point for Bob the Jagex Cat.
- There is a mechanism to unlock an equipment room in Burthorpe.
- Turael, the lowest ranking slayer master, can be found in the house with the yellow skull icon. He gives the easiest Slayer assignments, and has the usual slayer items for sale.
The following quests may be started in Burthorpe:
- Heroes Quest by speaking to Achetties at the entrance of the Heroes' Guild, found south of Burthorpe.
- Death Plateau and the Troll Stronghold quests by speaking to Denulth, in his tent south of the castle.
- A Tail of Two Cats by speaking to Unferth, in his house due east of the castle.
Speaking to any member of the Imperial Guard except for major NPCs, (basically any Soldier you can attack), results in "jargon". They are really speaking Latin. Translations as they come in below.
- "Te audire non possume. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure" - "I cannot hear, I have a banana in my ear."
- "Noli me covare, ego te vocabo" - "Don't call me, I'll call you."
- "Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?" - "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
- "Fac ut gaudeam" - "Make my day!"