|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Oh, it's a camel.|
A camel is a type of creature that inhabits the Kharidian Desert. These include dromedary camels (Camelus dromedarius), which have one hump, Bactrian camels (C. bactrianus), which have two humps and Ugthanki (C. horribleus).
Talking to camelsEdit
There are three phrases that players may say when talking to a camel:
- "Mmm... looks like that camel would make a nice kebab."
- "I wonder if that camel has fleas..."
- "If I go near that camel, it'll probably bite my hand off."
Perhaps not surprisingly, the camel's response to such a negative approach (shown in the player's message box) is equally hostile. One of the following three responses from the camel may appear:
- The camel tries to stamp on your foot, but you pull it back quickly.
- The camel turns its head and glares at you.
- The camel spits at you, and you jump back hurriedly.
Members may obtain the Camulet, which acts as an amulet of Camel-speak, allowing players to speak to certain camels throughout the Kharidian Desert. When the player is wearing the Camulet, the camel's response to their comment is: "How can you say such cruel things?"
However, players can only attack camels verbally - they cannot be physically attacked and neither can camels deal damage to players.