|Release date||27 August 2015 (Update)|
|A three-headed gigantic hound. Guardian of the River of Souls.|
Cerberus is a level 318 hellhound boss that is located in her lair, deep beneath the Taverley Dungeon in the cave entrance in the north-east part of the hellhound area which is found beyond the poisonous spiders. There are three identical lairs guarded by the Key Master. Players can choose whichever lair to fight Cerberus. Cerberus occasionally drops Key master teleports (1/64), which can be used to teleport to the area immediately; otherwise, players typically will get to Cerberus through the regular method of running from Taverley or Falador.
Cerberus requires both a Slayer level of 91 to kill and a Slayer task of Cerberus herself or hellhounds. In the event of the latter, Cerberus can be killed while under the effects of the wild pie, provided that it boosts the player's Slayer level to 91 or higher. It is the only monster to drop primordial, eternal and pegasian crystals, which can be attached to the Dragon boots, Infinity boots and Ranger boots respectively, providing best-in-slot boots for Melee (Primordial boots), Magic (Eternal boots), and Ranged (Pegasian boots). In addition, she is also able to drop a Smouldering stone, which when combined with a dragon axe, dragon pickaxe, or a dragon harpoon can add a "heat element" to the tools, allowing them become an infernal axe, infernal pickaxe or infernal harpoon, respectively.
If a player has recently fought the boss, a line of fire will spawn between the entrance and the boss; stepping over this will deal 5 damage each way. The line of fire seems to be bugged, as it will not despawn unless the challenger dies to Cerberus or goes back through the line of fire after it respawns. Cerberus will restore all of its health if there are no player in its lair (it only has an examine option when this happens).
A dwarf multicannon cannot be set up inside Cerberus' Lair; if attempted, you will receive the message: You cannot place the cannon here, it would melt.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Ashes 1 Always 25
Unique drop tableEdit
There is a 1 in 128 chance of hitting the unique drop table. Below lists the effective drop rates of any specific item.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Primordial crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 21,610,875 Pegasian crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 175,805 Eternal crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 5,621,754 Smouldering stone 1 Rare (1/512) 864,074
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Lava battlestaff 1 Common 9,664 Battlestaff 6 (noted) Common 53,694 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,774 Rune halberd 1 Uncommon 37,492 Black d'hide body 1 Uncommon 7,591 Rune full helm 1 Uncommon 20,572 Rune axe 1 Uncommon 7,341 Rune pickaxe 1 Uncommon 18,734 Rune chainbody 1 Uncommon 29,298 Rune platebody 1 Uncommon 38,471
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Pure essence 300 (noted) Common 1,500 Fire rune 300 Common 1,500 Death rune 100 Common 25,200 Soul rune 100 Common 14,300 Blood rune 60 Uncommon 13,740 Runite bolts (unf) 40 Uncommon 13,000 Cannonball 50 Uncommon 9,650
Herbs, potions, and seedsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Super restore(4) 2 Common 21,956 Torstol seed 3 Uncommon 61,554 Grimy torstol 6 (noted) Uncommon 27,822
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coal 120 (noted) Common 21,120 Runite ore 5 (noted) Uncommon 56,350
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 10,000–20,000 Common Not sold Unholy symbol 1 Common 235 Summer pie 3 Common 3,591 Ashes 50 (noted) Common 1,250 Dragon bones 20 (noted) Common 58,980 Wine of zamorak 15 (noted) Common 38,625 Fire orb 20 (noted) Common 21,800 Uncut diamond 5 (noted) Common 17,670 Key master teleport 3 Uncommon (1/64) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Jar of souls 1 Very rare (1/2,000) 179,883 Hellpuppy 1 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,487 Loop half of key 1 Common 9,364 Tooth half of key 1 Common 17,365 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 908 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,854 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 980 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 364 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 14,204 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,437 Rune spear 1 Rare 11,788 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,285 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 37,774 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,534 Rune javelin 5 Rare 580 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 7,100 Adamant javelin 20 Rare 1,380 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 22,389 Steel arrow 150 Rare 5,700 Rune arrow 42 Rare 4,116 Law rune 45 Rare 7,830 Death rune 45 Rare 11,340 Dragonstone 1 Rare 15,916 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,052 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 58,333 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,860 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 38,472
- In Greek and Roman mythology, Cerberus is a multi-headed hellhound with a serpent's tail, a mane of snakes, and a lion's claws, guarding the entrance of the Greek underworld to prevent the dead from escaping and the living from entering. This reflects the area around Cerberus as it guards the rivers that take souls to the Underworld and explains the very rare drop Jar of souls.
- Cerberus stands on a trapdoor as a reference to the book/film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, also known as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in some territories which explains the 4 stone/crystal drops.
- At one point, if a player had killed the last Cerberus of their task but also happened to die in the room, the player would be unable to recover their items as entering the boss chamber required the player to be on a hellhounds task. This was changed so that the player can enter the chamber, but simply be unable to attack the boss.
- Along with the said change, the summoned spirits it calls were also given weapons so that challengers could easily identify the combat style they would be using.
- Upon release, the summoned souls would continue attacking the player even if Cerberus died. This is no longer the case with the 16 March 2017 update.
- Cerberus is the only Slayer boss whose attacks are fully protected by protection prayers.
• • • • • •
• • • •
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves||
Superior) • •• (
|God Wars Dungeon (Wilderness)|
|Stronghold Slayer Cave|
|Catacombs of Kourend|