|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Someone should get out of the lab once in a while…|
The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also the only monster other than mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil to drop the ancient staff.
One way to get there is by using the spell Dareeyak Teleport from the Ancient Magicks spellbook with 78 Magic or a Dareeyak teleport tablet. From the teleport spot, run north into level 42 Wilderness. The fastest way to get there is by using the Ghorrock Teleport.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Develish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 66
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak robe (top) 1 Uncommon 1,632 Zamorak robe (bottom) 1 Uncommon 1,632 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 44,880 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 2,138 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 29,359 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 25,282 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 71,833
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 540 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,250 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 17,675 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 12,750
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 7,520
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 7,128 Monkfish 3 Common 1,197 Shark 1 Common 1,000 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 9,198
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 6,344 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 6,072 Chaos talisman 1 Common 324 Nature talisman 1 Common 1,411 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 1,500 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 33,040 Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 29,908 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/50) Not sold Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 105,920 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 55,020 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on World 318; tertiary drop
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,586 Loop half of key 1 Common 8,679 Tooth half of key 1 Common 18,589 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 1,012 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 2,046 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 1,411 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 324 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 17,152 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 13,634 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,578 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 26,596 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 40,896 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,921 Rune javelin 5 Rare 585 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 7,100 Adamant javelin 20 Rare 1,300 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 24,518 Steel arrow 150 Rare 5,250 Rune arrow 42 Rare 3,906 Law rune 45 Rare 7,875 Death rune 45 Rare 16,290 Dragonstone 1 Rare 16,097 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 35,470 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 60,912 Shield left half 1 Very rare 74,031 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 42,353
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards