|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Someone should get out of the lab once in a while…|
The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also the only monster other than mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil to drop the ancient staff.
One way to get there is by using the spell Dareeyak Teleport from the Ancient Magicks spellbook with 78 Magic or a Dareeyak teleport tablet. From the teleport spot, run north into level 42 Wilderness. The fastest way to get there is by using the Ghorrock Teleport.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Develish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 70
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak robe (top) 1 Uncommon 1,779 Zamorak robe (bottom) 1 Uncommon 1,779 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 44,775 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 2,055 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 29,487 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 25,498 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 75,710
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 450 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,250 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 17,500 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 12,250
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 11,184
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 6,616 Monkfish 3 Common 1,152 Shark 1 Common 1,024 Prayer potion (4) 1 Common 8,483
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 6,636 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 7,062 Chaos talisman 1 Common 537 Nature talisman 1 Common 657 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 1,750 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 31,710 Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 33,293 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/50) Not sold Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 103,055 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 57,654 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on World 318; tertiary drop
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,659 Loop half of key 1 Common 7,752 Tooth half of key 1 Common 19,361 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 1,177 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 2,176 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 657 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 537 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 17,688 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 13,512 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,703 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 26,770 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 40,890 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,848 Rune javelin 5 Rare 490 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 14,100 Adamant javelin 20 Rare 800 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 25,035 Steel arrow 150 Rare 5,100 Rune arrow 42 Rare 4,158 Law rune 45 Rare 8,505 Death rune 45 Rare 14,310 Dragonstone 1 Rare 16,756 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 36,083 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 63,470 Shield left half 1 Very rare 74,249 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 41,978
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards