|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Someone should get out of the lab once in a while…|
The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also the only monster other than mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil to drop the ancient staff.
The fastest way to get there is by casting Ghorrock Teleport or using its magic tablet equivalent. Alternatively, a burning amulet can teleport players to the entrance of the Lava Maze; run west from there.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Develish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 70
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak robe (top) 1 Uncommon 945 Zamorak robe (bottom) 1 Uncommon 945 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 44,210 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 2,011 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 28,539 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 25,811 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 106,352
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 660 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,250 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 17,675 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 14,700
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 6,652
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 7,208 Monkfish 3 Common 1,476 Shark 1 Common 914 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 9,575
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Mysterious emblem 1 Common (1/5) 76,939 Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 5,696 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 5,010 Chaos talisman 1 Common 474 Nature talisman 1 Common 1,073 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 1,000 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 25,610 Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 30,367 Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon  40,344 Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 145,494 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 69,699 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on World 318 (unless on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia); tertiary drop
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,424 Loop half of key 1 Common 10,460 Tooth half of key 1 Common 15,868 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 835 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,788 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 1,073 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 474 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 15,410 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,780 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,141 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,750 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 38,640 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,692 Rune javelin 5 Rare 575 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 7,700 Adamant javelin 20 Rare 1,380 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 22,698 Steel arrow 150 Rare 5,250 Rune arrow 42 Rare 4,620 Law rune 45 Rare 8,730 Death rune 45 Rare 16,380 Dragonstone 1 Rare 16,766 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,754 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,412 Shield left half 1 Very rare 67,086 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,663
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards