|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Someone should get out of the lab once in a while…|
The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also the only monster other than mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil to drop the ancient staff.
One way to get there is by using the spell Dareeyak Teleport from the Ancient Magicks spellbook with 78 Magic or a Dareeyak teleport tablet. From the teleport spot, run north into level 42 Wilderness. The fastest way to get there is by using the Ghorrock Teleport.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Develish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 68
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak robe (top) 1 Uncommon 1,414 Zamorak robe (bottom) 1 Uncommon 1,414 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 45,210 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 1,990 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 29,110 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 26,242 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 75,298
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 690 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,250 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 17,675 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 13,050
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 7,772
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 7,832 Monkfish 3 Common 1,218 Shark 1 Common 964 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 9,113
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Mysterious emblem 1 Common (1/5) 113,908 Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 6,468 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 5,634 Chaos talisman 1 Common 227 Nature talisman 1 Common 1,940 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 1,000 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 27,740 Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 30,778 Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 115,845 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 61,309 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on World 318; tertiary drop
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,617 Loop half of key 1 Common 9,361 Tooth half of key 1 Common 17,443 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 939 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,891 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 1,940 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 227 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 15,745 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 13,562 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,610 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 26,966 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 40,596 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,862 Rune javelin 5 Rare 595 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 7,700 Adamant javelin 20 Rare 1,360 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 24,412 Steel arrow 150 Rare 5,100 Rune arrow 42 Rare 3,906 Law rune 45 Rare 7,965 Death rune 45 Rare 14,310 Dragonstone 1 Rare 15,563 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 36,261 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 63,211 Shield left half 1 Very rare 74,592 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 42,316
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards