Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This article is about clay as it is mined. For the form of clay used mainly in Crafting, see Soft clay. For the rock that clay comes from, see Clay rock.
|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Store price||0 coins|
|Exchange price||93 coins (info)|
|Some hard dry clay.|
Players can mine clay rocks at the following locations:
- Crafting Guild
- Dwarven Mine
- Grand Tree Mine
- Fight Arena Mine
- Rimmington Mine
- Rellekka Mine
- West Varrock Mine
- Piscatoris Mine
- Abandoned Mine
It is rare to find a gem in a clay rock.
Dropping monsters Edit
- Clay is the fastest respawning rock as it respawns in just one game tick.
- Since clay is rarely fought over, beginners will find it an easy way to get a small start on Mining. However, it is very inefficient and anyone who wish to train Mining should move on to copper, tin, or iron.
- The closest mining spot to bank for clay in F2P is at West Varrock Mine while the closest mining spot to bank for clay in P2P is inside the Crafting Guild (however, it does require the completion of the Hard Falador Diary as well as a Crafting level of 40).
- Players can get 200M experience by mining exactly 40,000,000 clay, generating a profit of 5,280,000,000 if it's sold at 132 each.
- Training Mining with clay from level 1 to 99 would require a total of 2,606,887 pieces of clay be mined, which would turn a profit of 344,109,084 if sold at 132 each. It takes about 1 minute to mine 28 clay using a Rune pickaxe and about 1 minute to bank and return, so this means about 840 clay per hour for a total of 3,104 hours of work.
- Some players find that mining clay is a good way to make money on F2P servers.
|Mining rocks and sources|