Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The three combat classes form the combat triangle, which is a chart of the strengths and weaknesses of each class against the other two. In general, when players are combatting opponents with skills close to their own skills:
- Warriors are strong against rangers. Their armours deflect the projectiles used by rangers. Their weapons penetrate the leather armours worn by rangers. Melee is the most common class seen by pvpers due to no use of ammo, and its easy to use. Overall, melee is the best class defensively due to armour which can deflect arrows and has good resistance to melee attacks. Warriors also make good tanks if they're being piled by multiple people. Their glaring weakness are mage attacks which can become a problem. To counter this, many warriors wear partial ranger outfits.
- Rangers are strong against mages. Their leather and dragonhide armours absorb the magics used by mages. Their projectiles easily pierce through the mages robes. Ranging is the second most common class used by pvpers. Offensively, their attack speed is fast and rangers can shoot from a distance. They can take down mages fairly quickly due to a mages lack of good defensive armour but they have more trouble taking down a warrior. Defensively, they're better than mages but worse than warriors. Enemy rangers are often known as "snipers"
- Mages are strong against warriors. Their magic is amplified by the metal armours usually worn by warriors. Mages are the best class offensively but are the worst defensively, especially in f2p worlds. They can deal a lot of damage in a short amount of time, and can hit through melee armour fairly easily. They can also bind, weaken, confuse, or stun their opponents. However, mages are usually the first targeted by opposing players due to their low defensive abilities. Because of this, magic is the hardest class to master. If you want to be an effective mage, you must first master the art of stealth. Otherwise, you will most likely die early in a fight or war since mages are usually the first ones targeted.
Bending the triangleEdit
The triangle tends to focus mostly on the effectiveness of armour.
- The warrior's armour is most effective against ranged projectiles, as long as they can get close to a ranger. The warrior's armour is worse than useless against magic, thus removing metal armour and using ranged armour instead while closing in on the mage, the tables are turned.
- The ranger's armour is most effective against magic. Holding tactics cannot prevent the ranger from hitting the mage. The ranger can counter the warrior by evasion, or increase defence by switching to a Med Helm or Chainbody.
- The mage's armour tends to offer little protection over ranged and warrior attacks , while the mage's attack hits easily through metal its advised to stay as far away as possible from warriors, by running and/or using binding spells, as their weapons can easily pierce their robes. The mage can counter warriors and rangers by substituting pieces of mage armour with a Med helm, Square shield, and even a Chainbody to sacrifice some magical accuracy in order to substantially increase defence.
Hybrids are capable of standing at more than one point on the triangle, though at some cost and compromise to their equipment and inventory load.