Dark beasts can be killed with melee, magic or ranged. Melee is the most effective against them and should be used in conjunction with high prayer bonus armor for protect from melee. To maximize profit, bring a herb sack and a gem bag so you can loot all herbs and gems you receive.
When using melee to kill dark beasts, always turn on magic protection after you have killed a dark beast. Other dark beasts will be aggressive towards you instantly and use their magic attacks if they are out of melee range. Proselyte and initiate gear is recommended to reduce the prayer point waste.
The Saradomin godsword is an excellent choice as it can be used to receive free prayer points. As the special attack also heals, high level players do not need to bring food.
- Weapon: Zamorakian hasta > Abyssal whip
- Shield: Dragon defender > Dragonfire shield > Unholy book
- Head: Slayer helmet > Helm of neitiznot > Berzerker helmet
- Body: Proselyte hauberk > Initiate hauberk
- Legs: Proselyte cuisse > Initiate cuisse
- Boots: Primordial boots > Dragon boots > Holy sandals > Rune boots
- Gloves: Barrows gloves > Regen bracelet > Holy wraps
- Amulet: Amulet of torture > Amulet of fury > Amulet of glory
- Ring: Berserker ring (i) > Ring of the gods (i) > Treasonous ring (i)
- Cape: Fire cape > Ardougne cloak 4 > Skillcape (trimmed)
- Ammo: God blessing
- Saradomin godsword > Dragon dagger (for special attacks)
- 1 Super combat potion
- Prayer potions
- Slayer ring
- Holy wrench
- Herb sack
- Gem bag
- Optional: Rune pouch to hold chaos, death, and blood rune drops
- Optional: High alchemy runes to turn drops into gp
- Optional: one-click teleport for emergency