Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Demonic gorillas are level 275 monsters that are fought after the completion of Monkey Madness II. They are popular monsters as they drop zenyte shards, which are used to create the best jewelry in-game and components for the ballista. They're also classified as black demons on a slayer task which make them very appealing for slayers.
Equipment + InventoryEdit
|Slot||Most effective -> Least effective|
|Slayer helmet (i) (on task)||Serpentine helm||Helm of neitiznot|
|Amulet of fury||Amulet of glory||N/A|
|Karil's leathertop||Blessed dragonhide body||Black d'hide body|
|Bandos tassets||Verac's plateskirt||N/A|
|Primordial boots||Dragon boots||N/A|
|Ava's accumulator||Ranging cape||N/A|
|Dragon defender||None (if using bludgeon and blowpipe)||N/A|
|Ring of suffering (i)||Ring of suffering||Berserker ring (i)|
|Arclight (on-task)||Abyssal bludgeon||Abyssal tentacle/Abyssal whip|
- Toxic blowpipe (switch)
- If you don't want to/can't afford a blowpipe, use a rune crossbow with broad bolts instead (crossbow allows for easier switching with 1h weapon)
- Toxic blowpipe allows for easier switching with a bludgeon
- Saradomin godsword (special attack only, not required)
- 1 Super combat potion and 1 ranging potion
- Super attack and strength can used in place of the combat potion
- 7-9 prayer potions
- Royal seed pod to escape
- Ring of dueling to teleport to Clan Wars to restore stats
- Rune pouch filled with Vengeance runes (optional)
- High-healing food like pineapple pizzas or sharks to fill the remaining inventory spaces
Demonic gorillas use all three forms of combat, although they will stick to one of them at a time.
- Magic attack: The gorilla dangles upwards similar to Jad, emitting a green orb from its mouth.
- Ranged attack: The gorilla uses its two front claws to grab a small boulder and throw it at the player.
- Melee attack: The gorilla swipes its claws downwards at you.
- Boulder toss: The gorilla tosses a boulder which will appear above your position when it performed this attack. You will take damage if you do not move away from it. The boulder has an AoE of 1x1. This ability is only used when the gorilla is using ranged or magic.
Demonic gorillas start with the Protect from Melee prayer, though occasionally switch to Protect from Missiles or Protect from Magic after spawning. They will also start with a random combat style of their choice. Note that Verac's set and the Dragon scimitar special does not work against them while their Protect from Melee prayer is up.
A demonic gorilla will switch overhead prayers when it takes at least 50 or more damage in one given combat style. When they do this, they will switch their prayers just as your attack lands (your attack will still deal full damage). You will also stop attacking the gorilla when it switches prayers, so click on it again to attack. Demonic gorillas also use all three combat styles, but they will use one at a time. They will switch combat styles after 3 missed hits, regardless if your prayers blocked it or not. The boulder toss does not count towards these "missed" hits.
Note: Demonic gorillas can rarely glitch where they may repeat a single combat style multiple times in a row, even if they miss 3 times.
A good method to use is to attack the gorilla at a distance. When they attack with magic or ranged, if they do not move, they will use the other combat style (magic if they range, and vice versa). If they move in, they are using melee attacks. While melee-using gorillas can be safespotted, they will quickly change to another combat style if they cannot reach their target.
Demonic gorillas reside in both multi-way and single-way areas. There is a chamber just north of the staircase at the entrance where there a large number of demonic gorillas may be fought. It is relatively safe and you will not be attacked by another demonic gorilla, unless the gorilla you are fighting attempts to use melee on you but cannot reach you.
There are also demonic gorillas in the multi-way areas. However, it is not recommended to kill those unless in a group.