|Release date||23 October 2002 (Update)|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||2,740 coins (info)|
|These would feed a dog for months!|
The relative ease of collecting dragon bones, combined with the amount of experience earned from them, makes them widely viewed as a fast, cost-effective way to train Prayer.
- Almost all dragons, with the exception of baby dragons, lava dragons and Elvarg, drop dragon bones. Most dragons are strong opponents. However, green and blue are the weakest types of dragons, and dragon bones are mostly accumulated by killing them.
- Green dragons are the lowest level dragons in the game. They can be found in various places in the Wilderness, where players may be attacked by Player Killers while fighting them to collect their bones.
- The high value of dragons' drops (bones plus hides every kill for chromatic dragons) makes dragon-hunting a highly profitable combat activity. Players can make 150K to over 450K coins per hour fighting green dragons, depending on how fast they can kill the dragons and bank the loot. About 75 to 100K can be made per run on dragons (depending on inventory space), and more if more valuable items are brought back as well.
- Baby dragons do not drop dragon bones. Instead, they drop babydragon bones.
- Burying dragon bones is not recommended; usually they are best used on a gilded altar.
- Dagannoth bones and ourg bones are faster ways to train Prayer than Dragon bones, but cost much more per Prayer experience point.
- While gilded altars give the fastest experience, some prefer to use the Ectofuntus due to the fact that gilded altars give 36 less experience per bone. Although it's slower, the Ectofuntus gives more experience per bone, decreasing costs, and eliminates the need to obtain marrentill and/or find a house party offering an altar.
- It is recommended to use an anti-dragon shield when fighting any dragon, as their fire breath attack can hit very high otherwise.
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Green dragon 79 1 Blue dragon 111 1 Red dragon 152 1 Black dragon 227 1 Brutal green dragon 227 1 Brutal red dragon 271 1 Brutal blue dragon 271 1 Brutal black dragon 318 1 King Black Dragon 276 1 Bronze dragon 131 1 Iron dragon 189 1 Steel dragon 246 1 Mithril dragon 304 1 Cerberus 318 20 (noted) Zulrah 725 30 (noted) Vet'ion 454 100 (noted)
- In Runescape Classic, Elvarg dropped dragon bones that free-to-play players could Telegrab once they defeated her. These bones were labelled as Members object and could not be used unless the player was a member.
• • • • •
• • •
• • • • • • •
• • • •