|Release date||15 March 2006 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Recipe for Disaster|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Hot: Red hot and glowing, ouch! Only for dwarf consumption.|
Cooled: Cool and heavy as a brick. Only for dwarf consumption.
The Dwarven rock cake is a quest item used in Freeing the Mountain dwarf, from Recipe For Disaster, to free Rohak's son from the Culinaromancer. Players must pry the recipe from Rohak with 4 glasses of Asgoldian ale before he offers to make you cakes. You will need to bring an egg, bowl of water, pot of flour, and bucket of milk to Rohak. Multiple cakes can be acquired after the quest by paying Rohak 100 coins for each one. The ingredients are not required again, although the cake still has to be cooled down again. Note that if the player is trying to get multiple Rock Cakes, you will have to pay for one, then pick it up, then ask for another; if not, the first rock cake you paid for will despawn as the next one is placed over the table.
If players do not have ice gloves equipped, you will take 1 damage whenever you attempt to pick the hot rock cake. Note, that you will not take any damage if you have less than 2 hitpoints, though you will still be unable to pick up the hot rock cake. Players, with 33 Magic, can Telegrab the hot rock cake without taking any damage. However, the cake must be cooled down before players can interact with the cake. Doing so would result in the player taking damage and dropping the cake on the floor. You can cool down the rock cake by picking it up while having ice gloves equipped, going to Ice Mountain and killing an Icefiend, or by waiting approximately 4 hours.
Because of the small hitpoint depletion, the rock cake can be seen occasionally used by people using the Dharok's armour effect. Some players use this as a method of keeping their hitpoints minimal while training at monkey guards. The cake is also used in Nightmare Zone for dharoking, along with Absorption potions, as having 1 hp will make your absorption last longer. Monsters can only hit how many hp you have (ex. if you have 1 hp npcs in NMZ can only hit 1 damage per attack, instead of their normal max hit. This causes you to lose only 1 point of absorption per attack.)
- Interacting with the hot rock cake results in different messages after receiving: "Ow! Ow! That's hot!"
- Picking up without ice gloves equipped: "You burn your hands on the hot rock cake and then drop it."
- Eating hot rock cakes: "You burn your mouth and hands on the hot rock cake and then drop it."
- Eating a cooled rock cake results in the message: "Ow! I nearly broke a tooth!".
- If a player makes two rock cakes during the quest and places a hot rock cake in their bank after saving the dwarf, the cake will automatically cool.
- Even though it says it is as heavy as a brick when it's cooled, it weighs nothing.
- Rock cakes used to be able to rapidly lower a player's hitpoints or even possibly kill themselves, but this was changed due to an update.