Dye exists in only seven hues, plus the black mushroom ink. Dye is used to colour items: most commonly capes, but also certain quest items. Dyes can be made quickly by using the required ingredients on the person making the dye, given you have enough of the item and the required coins in your inventory.
Standard dyes Edit
|Dye colour||Ingredients/dyes required|
|Red dye||3 redberries and 5 coins|
|Orange dye||Mixture of red dye and yellow dye|
|Yellow dye||2 onions and 5 coins|
|Green dye||Mixture of blue dye and yellow dye|
|Blue dye||2 woad leaves and 5 coins|
|Purple dye||Mixture of red dye and blue dye|
*Aggie the witch (Draynor Village) and Ali the dyer (Pollnivneach) make primary colours of dye for 5 coins (Aggie) or 25 coins (Ali) plus ingredients.
**A bottle of purple dye spawns south of the gap between East and West Ardougne. Very close to the Khazard Battlefield Spirit Tree, to the east, next to the bridge.
Pink dye can be bought from Betty in the Magic Shop in Port Sarim for 20 coins, after you have completed The Hand in the Sand quest. It can be made during the quest by using redberries and white berries with a special vial of water.
Black mushroom ink Edit
Black mushroom ink is members only and player made during the Shadow of the Storm and The Golem quests. The dye is made by using a Pestle and mortar on a Black Mushroom with a Vial present in your inventory. It can be used to dye capes, desert robes, goblin mails, origami balloons, and the Silverlight sword.
Some quests require dyes to complete. Here is a list of these quests along with which dyes are needed:
- Ghosts Ahoy - 3 random dyes (can be primary OR secondary colours). Bring 3 of each primary to be 100% sure you can save a trip.
- Goblin Diplomacy - Blue and Orange (1 of each primary).
- Mourning's Ends Part I - Red, Yellow, Blue and Green. Get an extra of each in case you mess up.
- Prince Ali Rescue - Yellow dye.
- Hand in the Sand - Pink dye (will be purchasable from Betty after quest is completed, created with Redberries and White berries).
- Enlightened Journey - Red and Yellow.
- Recipe for Disaster - Any one that is NOT Red, Yellow or Orange.
- Eagles' Peak - Yellow dye.