Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Also called||Monastery, Prayer Guild|
|Location||West of Edgeville|
|No. of Stores/Banks||0|
|Location on World Map|
The Edgeville Monastery is a two-story building northeast of Falador, south of the Black Knights' Fortress and west of Edgeville. A combat bracelet can be used to teleport inside the monastery, and is the fastest method to get there. Five monks wander inside, both in the courtyard and inside the building.
Players can get there by various methods:
- A combat bracelet will teleport you directly there.
- Using the Ancient Magicks spell, Lassar Teleport will teleport you to Ice Mountain, leaving only a short walk east to the monastery.
- Using the Amulet of glory teleport to Edgeville then travelling directly west.
The four monks that spawn around the courtyard are an extremely popular training spot for defence pures due to the monks' high health and low defence, as well as their healing powers; pures could train indefinitely without food. It is recommended for most free-to-play pures as a safe and effective training method.
To enter the 1st floor[, players require a ]Prayer level of 31.
This floor contains various decorations, more monks, Brother Jered, an altar, a Kharid Scorpion for the Scorpion Catcher quest, and the monk's robe top and bottom spawn. Players should not pick up the Kharid scorpion, as doing so will deal them 3 damage. The only way to get the scorpion is by using a scorpion cage on it during the quest.
Praying at the altar fully recharges a player's prayer, in addition to giving a +2 bonus over the player's max prayer. This +2 boost makes it the best altar available to free players.
There are some quests that involve the Edgeville Monastery:
- The Great Brain Robbery - The Prayer book is found in the bookcase to the east.
- Garden of Tranquillity - Player must take seeds from rosebushes in the garden of the Edgeville Monastery.
- Scorpion Catcher - The Kharid Scorpion is on the 1st floor[ of the Edgeville Monastery. ]
- Curse of the Empty Lord miniquest.