|Start point||Search the bookcases in the Exam Centre's library and read a Beaten book|
|Description||There's new parts of the Elemental Workshop to explore, and new equipment to be made. Can you help put the shop back in working order?|
|Enemies to defeat||2 Earth elementals (level 35)|
Starting OffEditExam Centre south of the Digsite. Search the most north-eastern of the south-eastern bookcases there, and you'll find a Beaten book with a scroll in it as a bookmark. Read the scroll, and then head to Seers' Village. DO NOT get rid of this book before the end of the quest; if you do, you will not be able to make the helmet out of the Primed mind bar. It is advised to have started the Kandarin Diary, as one of the medium tasks involves making a Mind helmet (which you will do in this quest).
The KeyEditBattered key, head to the building southwest of Seers' Village Bank, and search the north-east bookcase to get a Battered book and a Battered key. Go to the workshop in the building with the anvil, and let yourself in the same way as in the Elemental Workshop I quest. Now, as soon as you are inside, follow the directions on the scroll: 2 north, 2 east, 2 north, 2 east, 10 north, 4 west. You'll end up in the Water elemental room in front of the machinery. Search it for a key, it will be used on the hatch in the centre of the room to go downstairs. Note: If you do not read the scroll, you will not get the search option for the machinery.
Note: Before you go down, quickly mine two Elemental ores (three if you desire a Mind shield) from the west room, and smelt them into Elemental bars in the south room. Now, head back into the middle of the area, and use the key on the large hatch in the ground.
Making RepairsEditCrane claw. Do not make the Mind helmet yet! Now, go back down and pull the south-west lever next to the crane, and then use the claw on the crane.
Next, head up the small stairs to your south-west to get to the upper level. Open the junction box in the west to work on the pipes for the press (click on the ends you want to connect). You'll want to arrange them as seen on the right.
Then, for the cogs, take them back downstairs to the machine on the east side. On the side of the machine are three pins. By using the cogs on the machine pins, you want to stick the small one on the upper-left pin, the medium one on the lower left, and the large one on the right.
Operating the MachineEdit
- Place your Elemental bar on the jig cart, which should be on the south crane right now.
- Use the two levers closest to you to lower the crane to pick up the bar, raise it again, turn it around, lower it into the lava, lift it, turn it back around, and lower it again.
- Then, use the west lever to drop the bar on to the cart, and use the lever right behind you, by the yellow sign (north of the crane) to move the bar around to the press.
- Pull the lever on the west side, and the press will flatten the piece.
- Then, pull the lever in the centre (next to the yellow sign) to advance the bar to the next station.
- If you haven't already, go upstairs, and use the pipe piece you found on the pipes to the north to fix them (not up the hatch, but on the second level of the dungeon).
- Then, go down again and pull the lever farthest north, beside the water hatch, to open the door.
- Next, turn the corkscrew lever twice, which moves the jig inside the chamber.
- Seal the water hatch again by pulling the old lever.
- Open the west water valve by turning it once, then close the eastern water valve by turning it once
- To empty the cooling chamber, turn the east water valve once to open the drain, and then turn the western water valve to close it.
- Note: If however the eastern valve reports that it is sucking air, you must go upstairs where the junction box is and repair the pipe. The replacement pipe is found in one of the crates either upstairs or downstairs.
- Pull the old lever, turn the corkscrew twice, and pull the old lever again to bring the jig back onto the track.
- Advance the bar using the central lever on to the next part.
- Turn on the fan by pulling the lever next to it, and then turn it back off again and advance the bar back to the south where you can now pick up a Primed bar.
Finishing UpEditYou're almost done. Go down one more level to where there are two doors, one with the mind symbol and the other with the body symbol. Go into the mind room (nearest), and place your bar on the extractor gun and operate the extractor hat next to it. A part of you will be drained into the bar turning it into a Primed mind bar. This will temporarily lower your Magic level by 20. Mind helmet out of the bar you just made, and the quest is complete.
- 1 Quest Point
- 7,500 Smithing experience
- 7,500 Crafting experience
- Ability to make and use elemental mind equipment.