|Release date||15 February 2005 (Update)|
|Start point||Talk to Velorina in Port Phasmatys.|
|Description||East of Canifis is a ghost port. Not meaning that it's deserted. It's full of ghosts! For some reason, they're stuck in RuneScape, but some aren't happy with that. Can you help?|
Or items to make nettle tea:
If you do not have the 35 required ecto tokens:
|Enemies to defeat||Giant lobster (level 32). Can be safe-spotted.|
- Important advice:
- Make sure you have all required quest items in your bank before leaving for morytania.
- You may need more than one nettle and bowl of water, as nettle tea will often boil over in the making.
- Always right-click when dealing with nettle tea so you don't accidentally drink it.
Beginning the questEdit
- Pray at the Ectofuntus 7 or more times and talk to the Ghost disciple to get enough ecto-tokens for the quest.
- Talk to Velorina in the house just east of the gates to begin the quest. (1,1,1)
- Talk to Necrovarus back at the Ectofuntus.
- Talk to Velorina again. (1)
The old crone and nettle teaEdit
- A few steps east of Mazchna in Canifis is a patch of nettles. Wear your gloves and pick some.
- Head north-west to the Old crone's house by the water, out to the east side of the Slayer Tower.
- Talk to the Old crone, and she'll ask for some nettle tea. Make a bowl of tea and give it to her.
- The crone will want the tea in her special cup. Put the tea in her cup and try again.
- The crone will then want her tea with milk. Add your bucket of milk to the tea and try again.
- Finally she will be happy. She'll tell you of an enchantment for your ghostspeak amulet needing three items: Book of haricanto, the robes of Necrovarus and a translation manual.
- Ask if there's anything you can do for her since she's been so helpful to you. She'll tell you about her long lost son and give you a model ship.
The book of haricantoEdit
- Bank in Canifis if needed and repair the model ship.
- Head to the wrecked ship on the coast north-west of the Ectofuntus (see map).
- Climb up a ladder to the ship deck. Then, climb another ladder to get to the ship quarterdeck.
- Wait for the wind speed to drop to low, and search the mast multiple times to find out what colours the components of the flag are.
- Dye the model ship's flag the right colours, mixing dyes as needed.
- Head down one level to the ship deck, ask the Old man if the model ship is his, he'll give you a key. (3)
- Use the key on the closed chest inside the captain's quarters to receive the first map scrap.
- Proceed to the north-west side of deck where there is a gangplank you can walk out onto some rocks.
- Jump along the path of rocks. At the end, there will be another chest with the second map scrap.
- Climb down to the lowest level of the ship and get ready to fight. Search the chests until you are attacked by a giant lobster (level 32). Kill it, then search the chest it came out of to get the final map scrap.
- Fit all the map pieces together to get a completed treasure map.
- Important: Make sure you have a spade and treasure map in your inventory, or you will not be able to complete the next part and will waste your 25 ecto-tokens.
- Head back to Port Phasmatys again, and go north-east onto the docks. Take the small rowing boat to Dragontooth Island which is south-east at the docks.
- Once there, use the map to find the treasure. Dig with your spade, and you will find the Book of haricanto.
The translation manualEdit
- Talk to Ak-Haranu around the docks. He'll trade the manual for Robin's signature on an oak longbow. (1)
- Talk to Robin in the inn. He'll challenge you to a game of Runedraw. Beat him until he owes you 100 coins.
- He'll give you his signature to repay the debt. Take it back to Ak-Haranu, for the manual.
Items required: Bucket of slime (can be purchased during quest)
- Ask the innkeeper if he has any jobs for you, he'll give you a bedsheet. (4-1)
- Use Ectofuntus slime on the bedsheet to dye it. (Can be bought from trader crewmembers)
- Talk to Gravingas, the ghost activist protesting just inside the town's gate. He'll ask you for 10 signatures. (1)
- Ask ghosts around town for signatures with the bedsheet equipped. (You can alternate between just two ghosts (It is not necessary to pay ecto-tokens) )
- With all 10 signatures, talk to Gravingas, then show the petition to Necrovarus.
- Take the key Necrovarus drops and head upstairs into the locked room. Take his robes from his coffin.
Using the spellEdit
- Return to the old crone and give her the items, and she'll cast the spell on your amulet.
- Head back to the ectofuntus and command Necrovarus to release all the ghosts he's holding.
- Enter Port Phasmatys one last time. and talk to Velorina to tell her the good news.
Congratulations! Quest complete!