|Release date||7 January 2016 (Update)|
|No. of banks||12|
|No. of altars||2|
|Main music||See below|
|Teleportation|| Spirit tree|
Fairy ring (CIS)
Teleport to Kourend
Although a clear timeline of Great Kourend's history cannot be formed, it is known that the city was once ruled by a chamber of the Council of Elders, whose authority was transferred to the Lords of the five Houses of Great Kourend - Arceuus, Shayzien, Piscarilius, Hosidius, and Lovakengj - after the Twill accord.
Great Kourend can be accessed by speaking to Veos in Port Sarim in the southernmost dock. Doing so will take players to either the Piscarilius House, the easternmost section of the city, or Land's End the south-western docks near the Kourend Woodland. Players are able to choose to which point they want to be taken.
In the Arceuus House Library players can find transportation incantations, a book which will unlock the Teleport to Kourend spell. Finding the book does not require helping the Arceuus House. Location of the book changes with world.
Players can also gain access to the mine cart transportation system that runs beneath Kourend at 65% Favour in the Lovakengj House. To open this mode of transport you must first speak with Miriam.
With the addition of the Woodcutting Guild, the Skills necklace also provides a teleport to Great Kourend. There is only one requirement to use this teleport: you must have travelled to Kourend at least once before.
Most features available within the five Houses of Great Kourend are locked behind a favour system, in which players must perform certain activities (marked on the minimap as ) for an individual House to gain favour from them. Once players have gained a certain percentage of favour from a House, they will be able to access more of the House's features. For example, the Arceuus House requires players to have 60% favour before they are given access to the Arceuus spellbook.Earning favor for a House will cause favor gained for any other House to decrease, unless they are at 100% and locked in by talking to that House's architect. See the associated miniquest, Architectural Alliance.
By default, an overlay interface is displayed in the top-middle of the game client when the player is in Great Kourend. Hovering the mouse over the overlay allows players to view the percentage of favour the player has within a House in Great Kourend, as well as a small button on the right-bottom corner to view favour-gaining tasks and milestones for gaining a certain percentage of favour. Players can remove the overlay by clicking the small purple icon in the Quest List and disabling the Favour Overlay.
Houses of Great KourendEdit
The Arceuus House are mystics who focus on spirituality and magic. It features:
- The Arceuus House Library, where players can assist customers in seeking texts found in the library.
- The Arceuus essence mine, where players can mine dense essence blocks, which are processed to create fragments used to create blood and soul runes.
- The Dark altar, an ancient altar that allows players to process dense essence blocks into dark essence blocks.
- Tyss, a wizard who will allow players to access the Arceuus spellbook, which contains spells for necromancy.
The Hosidius House are primarily farmers who focus on farming and cooking in order to supply food for the city. It features:
- The Tithe Farm, an intensive farming minigame.
- An allotment patch, vine patch, and spirit tree patch.
- Saltpetre deposits which are used in the creation of dynamite and sulphurous fertilisers.
- Charcoal furnaces, which are used to burn juniper logs into juniper charcoal, an ingredient used in dynamite.
- The mess, where players can feed Shayzien soldiers for favour and cooking experience.
- A general store, Little Shop of Horace.
- A farming store, Vannah's Farm Store.
- Two pubs, The Golden Field and The Haymaker's Arms.
- The Woodcutting Guild, contains many low to high level trees, including the exclusive redwood tree.
- The sulphur mine, which is the only mine containing volcanic sulphur.
- The lovakite mine, which contains lovakite rocks, coal rocks, and a bank.
- A pub known as The Deeper Lode
- A general store, Little Munty's Little Shop
- A pickaxe store, Toothy's Pickaxes, that sells pots in bulk.
- The blast mine, where players blast rocks with dynamite to obtain ores.
The Piscarilius House are fishermen who rely on the fishing industry for their source of income, and are also rampant with thieves and smugglers within the district. It features:
- Anglerfish fishing spots
- Stealing artifacts for Captain Khaled
- A general store, Leenz's General Supplies
- A fishing store, Tynan's Fishing Supplies
- A food shop, Frankie's Fishing Emporium
The Shayzien House is the military force who provides law, order and defence for the region. It features:
- The Infirmary, where wounded soldiers recover
- Tackling crime for Captain Ginea
- The combat ring, where players obtain Shayzien armour.
- Lizardman Canyon, where lizardmen, brutes, and shamans reside
- Arcane - Unlocked at the Arceuus House or the Catacombs of Kourend
- Country Jig - Unlocked at the Hosidius House
- Down by the Docks - Unlocked at the Piscarilius House
- Dwarven Domain - Unlocked at the Lovakengj House of the Hosidius House
- The Forlorn Homestead - Unlocked at the southern coast
- Kourend the Magnificent - Unlocked upon arriving at Zeah for the first time.
- The Militia - Unlocked at the Shayzien House
- Rugged Terrain - Unlocked at the Lizardman Canyon
- Soul Fall - Unlocked near the Soul altar
- Previously, this kingdom was a city, as described from the world map label until the update where it was turned into a kingdom, in which it also updated the name to make it appear as a kingdom, rather than a city. This was possibly due to the popular Reddit post that was posted in July of 2016 listing it as a kingdom rather than a city.