|Release date||5 January 2017 (Update)|
|Always drops||Dark journal|
|Ferocious. It's unnerving.|
The great olm is the final boss in the Chambers of Xeric raid and is currently the strongest attackable monster in Old School RuneScape, surpassing the Corporeal Beast. It is one of Xeric's prized possessions and is a large white salamander.
- Standard attacks: Olm switches between Ranged and Magic attacks. The range attacks look like small green disks, while the mage attacks look like cones. Both attacks deal the same amount of damage.
- Spheres: Olm will fire spheres at different players, disabling their overhead prayers and dealing moderate to heavy damage. To avoid damage turn on the correct protection prayer.
- Blue: Mage
- Red: Melee
- Green: Range
If you get targeted you will get a chat message in the colour of the attack coming towards you, which could be quite useful to properly pray against the correct attack.
- Acid: Olm can throw out small puddles of acid, which poison if stood on. The poison is very weak, starting off at 2 damage.
- Acid Drip: Olm will target one player and drip them with acid. A puddle of acid will appear under the targeted player, dealing the same amount of damage as the other acid attack. The targeted player should move away from the team, continually moving until the acid is removed.
- Ceiling collapse: At the end of each phase (and final phase), Olm will cause crystals to fall from the ceiling. This has a 3x3 radius which deals damage to anyone in it.
- Falling crystals: Olm lets out a cry, and one player will be affected with a red aura. Crystals will fall on that player, and is similar to the acid attack. Other players can be hurt by the crystals if they are hit by it.
- Explosive crystals: Olm throws out three crystal bombs, which have a 5x5 radius and deals heavy damage to those hit by it upon exploding.
- Crystal burst: Olm throws crystal seeds on the ground, which burst for heavy damage if a player is standing on top of them.
- Fire attack: Olm traps its victims inbetween two walls of fire. If the victims are not freed in time, they will take heavy damage at the end of this attack. To douse this fire, a water spell must be cast (ice spells do not work); it can be extinguished inside or outside the wall of fire. The water spell can be cast by left clicking the fire (douse).
- "Burn with me!" - Olm targets one player who will yell "Burn with me!", which deals 5 damage on them everytime they yell it out. If another player goes next to the burning player, it will spread onto them, and they will say "I will burn with you.", dealing the same amount of damage onto them and resetting the timer for it. The damage stops after five hits while burning.
- Swap - Olm picks two players and a coloured aura glows around them. If there is only one person in the room Olm instead chooses a random tile. Those two players need to be close to each other to reduce the damage dealt. If the two players are on top of each other when they are teleported, they will take no damage. The minimum amount of damage dealt is 5.
- Freeze/Prayer disable - Olm sends bolts of electricity going down or up. Getting hit by them "electrocutes" the player, dealing small damage, disabling overhead prayers and binding them. This attack is symbolized with several lightning symbols on its left hand.
- Autohealing - During every phase except the final phase, Olm will heal any damage that is aimed for its head. On the penultimate phase, the left hand will gain a different variant of this ability, where any attacks that deal damage to it will heal it instead. The left hand signifies this with an infinity symbol.
- Life siphon - On the final phase, Olm gets the ability to siphon the hitpoints of its attackers. It will also summon two blue portals which can be stepped onto to prevent players from having their hitpoints siphoned into it.
Olm has at least four phases (more depending on the size of the party), with each successive phase granting Olm more power. Once you pass the barrier you cannot go back to resupply. You can resupply yourself if you die fighting it.
To progress, disable both arms. They do not have to be disabled at the same time until the penultimate phase. Under no circumstances should you target the head until the start of the penultimate phase, as it has a healing aura that recovers any damage it takes.
On the penultimate phase (3 for raids with 7 or less people in it), both arms must be permanently disabled quickly. If one arm is disabled and too much time passes before the other arm is disabled, Olm will regain control of that arm, and it will return with full health. The left arm will start using a rejuvenation aura from time to time (symbolized as the infinite symbol), during which all damage will heal it instead.
Once both arms are disabled, the final phase begins. Olm's head will remain, and it will attempt to kill the team in a final stand. It will use all attacks from the preceding phases, in addition to crystals falling from the ceiling. Olm also has the ability to siphon the team's hitpoints during this phase. If your team can damage Olm quickly, this attack can be ignored as there will still be crystals falling from above which can deal a lot of damage. Kill the head, and claim your rewards once it dies.
Phase Rotations Edit
Olm's left hand (on the right side when facing Olm) is the hand which should be disabled with melee. This hand is also the hand that indicates which move is coming next out of crystals, lightning wall and teleport attack. At first the next attack may seem random, but each phase does the moves in a set order. This may change between each raid but so far these are the expected rotations.
- Phase 1: Lightning wall, followed by teleport attacked, lastly crystals. After a rotation the attacks repeat. The hand becomes invulnerable after a set amount of damage. It cannot heal itself in this phase.
- Phase 2: The same as phase 1 but the move rotation starts on crystals.
- Phase 3: In this phase both hands have to be killed at the same time. The move rotation is: Lightning wall, teleport attack, crystals and finally a phase where the hand may be healed by attacking it.
This final phase also gives 2 teleports to pair up in the teleport attack.
Besides the rotations, the head was also attacking. Olm's head attacks appeared to be random. No indicators were noticed.
- An olm is a species of aquatic serpentine salamanders living in lakes deep underground.
- Olm made a teaser appearance on the 2016 Christmas event, where it killed a worker named Ulina in a future vision.
- Great Olm is the first attackable NPC with a combat level above 1000.
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|Corporeal Beast||Strongest monster in RuneScape||Incumbent|