|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||Demon Slayer,Recipe for Disaster|
|Notable features||Has powers over time|
|An old gypsy lady.|
Aris Maye (referred to simply as Gypsy Aris) is a gypsy who lives in a tent in Varrock. The sign outside her tent has a large blinking eye.
She is the start point of the Demon Slayer quest.
She is also involved in the Recipe for Disaster quest and has great knowledge about the history of Gielinor and has vast magical powers; for example, she casts a Tempus Cessit spell in the beginning of the quest to stop time. It appears she also has an apparent inhuman lifespan. She claims to be seven times as old as the number of legs on the stools in the Blue Moon Inn, which would make her either 224, 266, or possibly, 364, depending on whether she is referring to the bar room only, the entire lower level, or both downstairs and upstairs, respectively.
- She used to be called just Gypsy, but this was changed so people would know her name is 'Aris', vital information needed for quests.
- During Recipe for Disaster, her name is Gypsy, not Gypsy Aris.
- During Recipe for Disaster, she refers to herself as the Wise Old Man's "bubbykins", indicating a possible (maybe past) relationship between the two.
- During Recipe for Disaster, the Culinaromancer says "You!" after spotting Gypsy Aris. This may be an inkling that they have battled before.
- If a female player talked to Gypsy Aris after Demon Slayer and chose to talk about Demon Slayer, Gypsy Aris would say, "Greetings young one. You're a hero now. That was a good bit of demon-slaying", instead of heroine.
- If you inspect Pirate Pete during Recipe for Disaster, Aris says "My Gypsy senses are tingling". This is an obvious reference to Spiderman's quote "My spidey senses are tingling!".