|Main Music||Monster Melee|
|Strongest Monster||H.A.M. Guard (level 22)|
Click the map to view a larger version.
The H.A.M. Hideout is the base of operations for the H.A.M. organization. It is located west of the Lumbridge general store. To enter it, the player will need to pick the lock on the trapdoor to get in. This can be done with the player's hand, but a lockpick will increase the players chance of success.
- With 15 Thieving, a player may pickpocket the female H.A.M. members for H.A.M. clothing and other items (including level 1 clue scrolls).
- At 20 Thieving, the same can be done with male H.A.M. members, for the same items, although better rates at higher items.
- On the third time a player is caught thieving H.A.M. members that said player will be kicked out of the dungeon.
- If a player is wearing a full set of H.A.M. robes, (Shirt, Robe, Hood, Cloak, Logo, Boots and Gloves.) in the first floor of the dungeon, the player is less likely to be kicked out when pickpocketing.
Having at least gone halfway through Death to the Dorgeshuun, there is another secret dungeon in the H.A.M. lair. When the player picks the lock to the secret entrance, just south of the podium in the main chamber, the player will gain access to the H.A.M. store rooms. The stores are patrolled by guards, though after you have finished the quest, they are not aggressive (i.e. they will not attack players unless attacked first or spoken to).
Pickpocketing the guards will yield the same finds as when you pickpocket a male H.A.M. member, but you will also receive keys (bronze, iron, silver and steel), which can be used to open the chests in rooms. Unlike when pickpocketing upstairs, you will not be thrown out of the hideout when pickpocketing in the stores, you will just receive a small amount of damage (varies depending on your current life points) when you fail. If you talk to the guards, they will act surprised to see you in their "secret" storeroom, and attack you. However, if you are fully equipped with full H.A.M. Robes, they will have a few more dialogue options, and will not become hostile unless you say "Make me!" to their request for you to leave.
The doors to the rooms are locked. You need to pick the lock (gives 4 Thieving experience) to get in to open the chests. You can pick the locks without a lockpick, but having one helps. When you try to pick the locks on the doors, a guard will attack you if facing you and you are in his line of sight. The trick is to stop them patrolling. If you pickpocket a guard and fail, he will stop patrolling and return to his start position. Whilst in this state, they will not attack when you try to pick the locks on the doors. There are five rooms with chests in.
Each time you open a chest, a key of the corresponding type will be consumed. The chest can contain coins, gems (sapphire to diamond) and jewellery (rings, amulets, necklaces made of gold and sapphire to diamond). The gold jewellery is not worth it, so just drop that. All the rest of the jewellery can be sold for good money at the Grand Exchange or at Grum's Gold Exchange in Port Sarim; if you want to stay a while, bring a Staff of fire and some nature runes and High Level Alchemy the jewellery you get. You can also bring some Cosmic runes and some elemental runes to enchant the jewellery and sell it on the Grand Exchange.
You can also carry runes to teleport back to Lumbridge, where you can bank everything before returning to the hideout. You can do this repeatedly to make around 30-100k a load. This is a great way to raise your thieving and you make a nice amount of gold by saving this stuff to sell on the Grand Exchange.
|The H.A.M. keys|
- The south-west room, in addition to having a locked door, also has two cracks in the wall to the north and south, which can be used to enter the room without picking the lock. The chest in this room requires a bronze key.
- The north-west room has a chest that requires a silver key.
- The south-east room has a chest that requires a steel key.
- The north-east room has a chest that requires an iron key.
- The large room to the north has a door that is not locked. It has three chests, all of which require steel keys.
Note: If you are involuntarily teleported out of the H.A.M. Hideout, such as through a Random Event, you will receive a message saying, You leave the HAM Fanatics' Camp.
All the following quests are involved with the HAM dungeon:
- Monster Melee
- HAM Fisted
Ancient Cavern • Ardougne Sewers • Clock Tower Basement • Eagles' Peak Dungeon • Elemental Workshop • Goblin Cave Mogre Camp (Port Khazard) • Observatory Dungeon • Temple of Ikov • Tower of Life Basement • Underground Pass • Waterfall Dungeon • White Wolf Mountain Caves • Witchaven Shrine Dungeon • Yanille Agility dungeon
Digsite Dungeon • Dorgeshuun Mines • Draynor Sewers • Dungeon of Tolna • Edgeville dungeon • H.A.M. Hideout • Lumbridge Swamp Caves • Saradomin Shrine • Stronghold of Security • Tunnel of Chaos • Varrock Sewers
Ape Atoll Dungeon • Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon • Dungeon (Player-owned house) • Entrana Dungeon • Evil Chicken's Lair • Grand Tree Tunnels • Jatizso Mines • Lunar Isle Mine • Miscellania & Etceteria Dungeon • Mos'Le Harmless Caves • Underwater Tunnel • Waterbirth Dungeon