Hunter gear is armour designed to be cosmetic only but requires the Hunter skill. It is all made from hides from tracking or deadfall creatures, and is useful in specific areas. It does not increase the chance of successfully catching creatures. It can provide warm clothing bonuses in Wintertodt.
- Level 1: Polar camouflage gear: used in polar areas;
- Level 1: Wood camouflage gear: used in woodland areas;
- Level 4: Jungle camouflage gear: used in jungle areas;
- Level 10: Desert camouflage gear: used in desert areas;
- Level 28: Larupia hunter gear: used in woodland and jungle areas;
- Level 38: Graahk hunter gear: used in desert areas;
- Level 52: Kyatt hunter gear: used in polar areas.
Standing close to a trap was originally going to decrease the catch rate, making hunter gear useful for countering this effect. However, this feature was never added due to the fact that the negative effect from standing near the trap would outweigh the positive effect from wearing hunter gear. Hunter gear was still added, but only for cosmetic purposes.