|Release date||17 October 2013 (Update)|
|A servant of the god Zamorak.|
K'ril Tsutsaroth (pronounced "KRILL TUTT-zuh-roth)") is the boss of the Zamorak Fortress in the God Wars Dungeon. To gain access to his chamber, players must kill 40 Zamorakians. He uses Melee and Magic attacks. He is most often killed for the Staff of the dead or the Zamorakian spear, but some players kill him (and his melee bodyguard) for Slayer.
K'ril Tsutsaroth is classified as a greater demon; thus, killing him counts towards any greater demon Slayer task and also allows a player to take advantage of the abilities of a Black mask or Slayer helmet, if they have a greater demon Slayer task. Players will gain 350.5 Slayer experience if they slay K'ril Tsutsaroth on their Slayer task.
K'ril is the least killed of all of the God Wars bosses, as his unique drops have a lower value compared to the other generals. His drops are close in value to General Graardor, but Graador is much more commonly killed as the fight is easier.
K'ril can hit up to 47 with Melee attacks and 30 with Magic. K'ril Tsutsaroth has a special attack that slams through your protection prayer, but only if praying melee, and may hit up to 49. When he does, he will lower your prayer points by half. Players should still use Protect from Melee, however, as he won't hit as often as he would without it. Another viable option is to use Protect from Magic with extremely high defensive armours such as Barrows equipment The benefits of this are that K'ril's relatively common magical attacks will be blocked, his attacks will be easier to resist, and the special attack will be avoided, meaning fewer massive hits and Prayer drains. K'ril has a surprisingly low Defence level for his Combat level meaning that hitting him is fairly easy although his low Defence is counter-balanced by his ability to hit through a player's Prayer.
K'ril can poison and start at 16 life points per hit, thus making him the second most poisonous monster in the game. Being such a poisonous monster, K'ril is immune to all forms of poison.
If K'ril Tsutsaroth yells "YARRRRRRR!", players will get the following message: K'ril Tsutsaroth slams through your protection prayer, leaving you feeling drained. This is K'ril Tsutsaroth's attack that hits through Prayer, which also drains half the player's prayer points.
Tanks are of incredible importance in this boss fight. However, to lengthen each trip, it is helpful if members of the team take turns being the target of the demon's attacks.
- Using the Arclight/Darklight's special attack is very helpful, as that it only uses 50% of the energy bar and weakens the demon's defence more effectively than the bandos godsword does. However, this has extremely low accuracy.
- When soloing, a Bandos godsword (or Darklight/Arclight/DWH using an Abyssal whip) is almost the best way to get the most kills per trip due to the Defence-reducing capabilities. If you are wearing Karil's armour, with a Helm of Neitiznot, and a Zamorak cape and a Fury amulet, most of the minions will not be able to damage you as you will have some decent Defence against all forms of Combat, and you will only take damage from the boss' attack when he hits through your prayers, and occasionally from his magical attack, and if you forgot an Antipoison. It is always very effective to attack K'ril twice, stand under him, then attack him twice again in a regular fashion to reduce the amount of attacks taken from him.
- Tanks can attack once with a 2.4 second speed weapon e.g. Abyssal Whip or Zamorakian Hasta, and then once with a Godsword to inflict maximum damage before reseting the bosses next attack. This allows you to block all of his attacks with a shield, while still maximising damage output.
- At higher Defence levels, a good method of tanking consists of bringing high level melee armour along with a high powered shield such as an Elysian spirit shield or a Dragonfire Shield whilst activating Protect from Magic. Using this method the tank will take substantial melee damage but remain unaffected by his magic attacks and dangerous special. Tanks using this method will gain the most benefit using a Staff of the Dead as a special attack weapon; they equip the staff to invoke the special attack and keep it equipped while the former is in effect, and back to their regular weapon when it is not.
- For fighting K'ril Tsutsaroth, the Slayer helmet is best in slot when tasked. If not tasked, bring a Serpentine helmet.
- The Staff of the Dead while tanking does well, although some may find the Saradomin Godsword to be better.
- For the attacker(s): on task the Crystal halberd is the best damage per second, when off-task the Armadyl godsword is better because of the lack of accuracy the Slayer helmet provides. The Dragon halberd is also fairly decent.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Ashes 1 Always 29
Weapons and AmmunitionEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamant arrow(p++) 295–300 Common 19,765–20,100 Rune scimitar 1 Uncommon 16,266 Dragon dagger(p++) 1 Uncommon 18,566 Steam battlestaff 1 Rare (1/128) 235,093 Zamorakian spear 1 Rare (1/128) 7,302,158 Rune sword 1 Rare (1/406) 12,942 Staff of the dead 1 Rare (1/508) 7,688,606
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune platelegs 1 Common 41,026 Adamant platebody 1 Common 9,698
Potions, food, and herbsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Super attack(3) 3 Common 1,356 Super restore(3) 3 Common 21,669 Super strength(3) 3 Common 9,234 Zamorak brew(3) 3 Common 13,926
- Super Attack and Super Strength Potions are always dropped together.
- Super Restore and Zamorak brews are always dropped together.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Death rune 120–124 Common 33,120–34,224 Coins 19,362–20,073 Common Not sold Blood rune 80–90 Uncommon 23,920–26,910 Grimy lantadyme 7–13 (noted) Uncommon 11,011–20,449 Lantadyme seed 3 Uncommon 2,241 Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/250) Not sold Godsword shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 172,262 Godsword shard 2 1 Rare (1/256) 171,768 Godsword shard 3 1 Rare (1/256) 173,153 Zamorak hilt 1 Rare (1/508) 2,251,302 Pet k'ril tsutsaroth 1 Very rare (1/5,000) Not sold
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,548 Loop half of key 1 Common 7,694 Tooth half of key 1 Common 24,264 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 1,576 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,798 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 475 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 408 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 18,358 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 13,761 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,231 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 27,124 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 40,997 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,045 Rune javelin 5 Rare 675 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,300 Adamant javelin 20 Rare 1,180 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 24,491 Steel arrow 150 Rare 5,100 Rune arrow 42 Rare 5,124 Law rune 45 Rare 9,180 Death rune 45 Rare 12,420 Dragonstone 1 Rare 23,769 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 36,200 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 63,781 Shield left half 1 Very rare 73,258 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 42,685
- K'ril is the only poisonous demon in RuneScape.
- K'ril was classified as a lesser demon during development. He was reclassified as a greater demon when the God Wars Dungeon was released on 17 October 2013.
- At Old School RuneScape's first birthday event, players could speak to K'ril Tsutsaroth, resulting in the following dialogue:
- K'ril: Human, I disconnected and lost my plastic plate of whatever food you call this. I want my items returned, now!
- Player: Woah hold on big fella' I can't do that.
- K'ril: Well then, I'll just unsubscribe from the dungeon and stop playing all together. Hrmph....
- Player: Oh please, you were never really a popular boss anyway. You had to be given extra drops just to incentivise people to find you. Even then, I doubt anyone would notice if you disappeared.
- K'ril: *growls* Enjoy the party... mortal.
God Wars Dungeon Bosses
|God Wars Dungeon|