Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|No. of banks||2|
|No. of altars||1|
|Teleportation|| Lumbridge Home Teleport,|
Lumbridge Teleport, Teleother
|Location on World Map|
|Draynor Village||←||Lumbridge||→||Al Kharid|
Lumbridge (colloquially Lumby or Lummy) is a town where players begin their RuneScape journey. New players are sent here from Tutorial Island to learn the game of RuneScape from various tutors across the town. Lumbridge gets its name from the bridge that crosses the River Lum. South of the city is the Lumbridge Swamp.
After completing Tutorial Island, this is where you start your true RuneScape adventure. If you die, you respawn here (Members can change their respawn to Falador if they have done the Recruitment Drive quest, Camelot if they have completed a King's Ransom, or Edgeville by paying 5,000,000 coins to the Witch). There's a non-player character called the Lumbridge Guide who helps newcomers get used to the game, as well as the Lumbridge Castle, where you can start several quests and where also is a bank to drop your items. There is some controversy on the tutors and the bank. Some players consider the additions to make the game too easy.
Places of interestEdit
Farmer Fred's FarmEdit
Farmer Fred's is an excellent place to shear sheep to obtain wool which may be spun at the castle. Onions can be collected from the farmer's garden. Also, there is a log standing on the ground outside of Farmer Fred's house from which a bronze axe may be taken. There are also many chickens here that new players can kill.
Many of the items sold here can also be picked up around the area.
On the east side of the river, goblins and spiders have overrun the entire area. A building located across the river houses large numbers of level 2 goblins and an iron dagger respawn, though the entire area is crawling with spiders and goblins. This area is a very popular area for new players to start training.
Duke Horacio, and his advisor Sigmund are found on the 1st floor[. The ]spinning wheel, used in Crafting, is also located upstairs. If you have started the Recipe for Disaster Quest, there is a bank in the Cook's basement, as well as a wide variety of cooking ingredients and cooking implements to buy. Along with the Lumbridge tutors update, a free bank was added to the top floor of the castle.
The basement is a place of interest for new players, as it has training on level 2 spiders and spawns of gloves and leather boots. It also contains the entrance to the Dorgeshuun Mines.
- North stairs: Bronze arrow
- Kitchen: Pot, jug, bowl
- Basement: Bucket, knife, gloves, leather boots
- South stairs: Mind rune
- Second floor: Bronze dagger
- Top of Castle: 4 Logs
- Goblin house near toll gate: iron dagger
At the top of one of the gate towers, two bronze pickaxe spawns may be found
Bob's Brilliant AxesEdit
Advertised on fliers dropped by many non-player characters.
Buys and sells a limited range of axes:
The chicken coop is a bit to the west of the cow pasture. Chickens can be killed there, dropping feathers and raw chicken along with bones. There are two egg spawns, one inside the chicken coop and one on the side. The chicken coop is commonly used for players to train in prayer since all chickens drop bones and are very easy to kill.
- Cook's Assistant and Recipe for Disaster may be started by speaking to the Cook in Lumbridge Castle kitchen.
- The Restless Ghost quest may be started by speaking to Father Aereck, who is tending to his church near the castle.
- The quests Rune Mysteries and the Lost Tribe, may be started by speaking to Duke Horacio and his advisor Sigmund. Both are found in the central room on the 1st floor[ of Lumbridge Castle. ]
- The quest Sheep Shearer may be started by speaking to the paranoid Farmer Fred, in his house north-west of the castle.
The People of Lumbridge Edit
- Duke Horacio
- Farmer Fred
- Phileas the Lumbridge Guide
- Father Aereck
- Count Check, a vampyre
- Doomsayer, the danger sign guide
- The various skill tutors
- Harmony 2
- Autumn Voyage
- Flute Salad
- The name Lumbridge is based on the real life city of Cambridge in England, where Jagex has it's headquarters.
- Upon players completing the quest Garden of Tranquility, the King's statue outside of the Lumbridge castle courtyard becomes an empty plinth and has been moved to the garden east of the Varrock palace.