Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are various methods by which players can increase their potential maximum magic damage. The effects of most equipped items can be seen at the bottom of the stats window (labelled Magic damage: +x%).
|Icon||Equipment||Damage boost||Requirements to wear||Shows in Stats||Conditions/Notes|
|Ahrim's armour set||30%||Level 70 Attack||No||Only has a 25% chance to occur. Both the set and amulet must be worn to get the damage boost.|
|Amulet of the damned|
|||Castlewar brace||20%||None||No||Useful in Castle Wars against a bearer of a flag. Must be worn before the game starts, not during the game.|
|||Tormented bracelet||5%||Level 75 Hitpoints||Yes||None|
|||Staff of the dead||15%||Level 75 Attack
Level 75 Magic
|Yes||Can also cast Slayer dart and autocast Flames of Zamorak. Toxic version can inflict venom.|
|Toxic staff of the dead|
|||Slayer helmet (i)||15%||Level 10 Defence||Yes||Only works against monsters assigned as a slayer task.|
|Black mask (i)|
|||Occult necklace||10%||Level 70 Magic||Yes||None|
|||Smoke Battlestaff||10%||Level 30 Attack
Level 30 Magic
|No||Only affects spells in the standard spellbook.|
|||Chaos gauntlets||+3||Completion of Family Crest.||No||Only affects Bolt spells.|
|Tome of fire||50%||Level 50 Magic||No||Only affects Fire spells. Also provides unlimited fire runes.|
- It is important to note that items with a magic attack bonus such as the Ahrim's hood does not boost your max hit, just your accuracy. Similarly, items with a magic defence bonus, such as the black d'hide body don't affect the maximum damage you will take from spells, just your opponent's accuracy.
- A full set of Mage void armour will not raise your max hit, only your accuracy.
- Prayers such as Mystic Will and Mystic Might only increase accuracy, not max hit.
- Charge is a spell which temporarily increases the maximum damage of the three God spells by 10 (providing the player is wearing the corresponding god cape). The spell requires a magic level of 80.
Trident of the seas/swampEdit
Tridents work differently to other staves, as it has the ability to increase its damage with magic potions. It is also dependent on the player's Magic level.
At level 75 magic, the base damage is 20, this increases up to 28 at level 99 (29 if boosted). Likewise, stat-reductions will lower the damage, but the minimum max hit will never fall below 20; even if the player's Magic level is reduced below 75.
The table below assumes you are only using the trident without any Magic damage bonuses.
|Magic levels||Maximum hit|
|Only inside the Nightmare Zone|
Maximum Magic hitEdit
- The highest possible hit in the game is currently 46, which is achievable by casting Ice Barrage on a player with the Staff of the dead, Occult necklace, and Tormented bracelet while under the effects of a Castlewar brace during a Castle Wars minigame.
- Outside of minigames, it is possible to hit a maximum of 44 by casting Ice Barrage with the Staff of the dead, Occult necklace, Tormented bracelet, and a Slayer helmet (i) on a slayer assignment.
- The maximum total theoretical damage from one spell is 358, achieved by hitting nine targets with Ice Barrage for 46 damage to the flag bearer and surrounding players for 39 damage each during a Castle Wars game.