|Release date||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High Alch||1 coin|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||3,793 coins (info)|
|This looks a good deal stronger than normal Wizards Mind Bomb.|
Wizard's mind bomb (m) (abbreviated in-game as Mature wmb) is a player made ale which is created through brewing using the Cooking skill. When drunk this ale temporarily enhances a player's Magic level by +3 if their Magic level is less than 50, and by +4 if is 50 or greater. It is the stronger, or 'mature' version of the regular Wizard's mind bomb, which adds 2 or 3 levels to Magic.
- Increases Magic by 3 or 4 levels temporarily.
- Heals 1 hitpoint.
- Lowers Attack, Strength, and Defence by 5 levels.
The full recipe for the standard Wizards Mind Bomb is as follows (in the order given):
- 2 Bucket of water
- 2 Barley Malt.
- (optional) 1 "The stuff," to increase chance of maturity.
- 4 Yanillian hops
- 1 Ale yeast
- Wait two to five days
- Collect the completed ale using eight Beer Glasses or two Calquat Kegs*.
- Calquat kegs are highly recommended, especially if the ale has matured. Simply by collecting the ale in a keg, the value of the batch will increase by several thousand gp. This ale is considerably more useful in a keg, as it stacks 4 doses into one inventory slot.
During the brewing process, there is a random chance that the batch will turn out mature. Maturing happens during the brewing process, not afterwards. Leaving a ale in the vat after it completely set will not make it turn mature, or even go bad. The chance of brewing a mature ale can be increased by 50% by adding the stuff to the brewing vat, although it is also affected to a much lesser extent by the players cooking level. See the Brewing section of the Cooking guide.
This brew is generally more useful for non-combat spells, such as accessing advanced teleports or enchanting jewelry. The number of casts of a combat skill on just one drink is more limited than non-combat spells which may only need to be cast once. This ale can be used to meet requirments for some quests. It is fairly expensive, but is much cheaper (and quicker) than training 4 magic levels, so it can be rather sought after at times by players who are just short of some spell they need to cast.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • •