|Release date||4 September 2006 (Update)|
|No. of banks||None|
|No. of altars||None|
|Main music||Lament of Meiyerditch|
|Inhabitants/Race||Vampyres, Humans, Cats, Dogs|
|Location on World Map|
|Burgh de Rott||←||Meiyerditch||→||Unknown|
Meiyerditch is Morytania's largest city, and it is also the home of Morytania's ruling family, making it the capital of Morytania. On the world map, Meiyerditch is currently the largest city in RuneScape.
Getting to Meiyerditch Edit
If a player plans to come to this city, the player must begin the Darkness of Hallowvale quest. The first thing any adventurer will notice is that Meiyerditch is patrolled by the invincible Vyrewatch. There is no way of killing them, so it is not advised to attack them. If they ask for a blood tithe, do not give it to them and try to distract them instead based on Thieving level (i.e. the higher the level, the less chance of failing). If this fails, the player will be forced to give a blood tithe taking 6 damage. After some time into the Darkness of Hallowvale, the player will have another option of being sent to the mines instead of taking a blood tithe.
Once into the main part of the city, the player will be greeted by Meiyerditch's citizens, children, stray dogs, and cats. Also, to greet the player are level 46 Vampyre Juveniles, but they are non-aggressive.
To Do's Edit
The city is in ruin, which makes for good moderate level Agility training. Meiyerditch is essentially a highly populated Agility course if the player is doing Darkness of Hallowvale and is at the Agility section of navigating through the city.
The Daeyalt ore mines may be accessed either through attracting a Vyrewatch's attention and then asking to be sent to the mines, or going to the northeastern-most part of the city. These ores may be mined giving 17 experience each. However, the ores cannot be sold and cannot be smelted.
Meiyerditch has one lone shop down in the southwestern part of town where Trader Sven lives. He can sell you vyrewatch clothing, which for the whole set costs 1950 coins, or citizen clothing, which can be bought for 6 coins.
Figures of Town Edit
- Lord Lowerniel Vergidiyad Drakan - Merciless ruler of Morytania.
- Safalaan - Leader of the Sanguinesti order of the Myreque.
- Vanstrom Klause - Brutal vampyre overlord who wishes to destroy the Myreque.
- Vanescula Drakan & Ranis Drakan - Members of the Drakan family, brother and sister of Lord Drakan.
- Sarius Guile - Servant of Vanescula Drakan.
- Vertida Sefalatis - Member of the Sanguinesti order of the Myreque.
- Trader Sven - Runs the black market of Meiyerditch.
- Vyrewatch - The guardians and lords that patrol the ghetto.
Music Unlocked Edit
- The Last Shanty
- Lament of Meiyerditch
- Night of the Vampyre
- Darkness of Hallowvale is greatly involved in Meiyerditch.
- It's possible for the Vyrewatch to land on nothing when taking an interest in a player.