|Start point||Talk to King Arthur in Camelot.|
|Description||The wizard Merlin has been trapped in a magical crystal by the witch Morgan Le Faye. So far, King Arthur hasn't been able to figure out how to free his mentor from his crystal prison. Can you help?|
|Length||Medium-Long (Under 15 minutes with teleports)|
|Requirements||Level 20 Attack to wield Excalibur
Must be able to defeat a level 39 enemy.
|Enemies to defeat||Sir Mordred (Level 39)|
- Talk to King Arthur about joining the round table. (1)
- Talk to Sir Gawain nearby. Ask everything you can.
- Talk to Sir Lancelot upstairs about the stronghold. (3)
- Go to Catherby docks and talk to Arhein about riding his ship. (3-1-1)
- Hide in the crate north of the candle-maker.
Inside the keepEdit
- Climb to the top floor.
- Attack Sir Mordred.
- Spare his life to discover how to save merlin. (1 - 2)
- Exit the keep and kill a bat if you don't already have bat bones.
- Talk to the candle-maker in Catherby about black candles. (1)
- Take the insect repellent from the house north of the bank.
- Run west to the bee hives.
- Take the bucket.
- Use the insect repellent on any bee hive.
- Use the bucket on the same hive.
- Return to the candle-maker.
- Talk to the lady of the lake south of Taverley on the peninsula. (3)
- Get a loaf of bread
- Teleport to port sarim
- Enter the jewellery store to the north.
- Give the beggar your bread. (1)
- Go to the Zamorakian temple in south-east Varrock.
- Check the chaos altar's inscription.
- Return to Camelot (get a tinderbox) and enter the gates.
- Run East of the castle to the ritual site.
- Stand on the star and light the black candle.
- Drop the bat bones on the star.
- The magic words are "Snarthon Candtrick Termanto".
- Enter the castle and climb the south-east tower.
- Smash the giant crystal with Excalibur.
- Talk to King Arthur.
- Quest complete!