|Release date||29 June 2004 (Update)|
|High Alch||3 coins|
|Low Alch||2 coins|
|Store price||5 coins|
|Exchange price||1,246 coins (info)|
|A foul smelling brew.|
Moonlight mead is an ale that can be brewed with the Cooking skill at level 44 or higher, granting 380 experience. Drinking this heals 4 hitpoints, and when doing so, the game remarks that "It tastes like something just died in your mouth." It can be bought for 5 coins from Roavar in the Hair of the Dog Tavern, located in Canifis.
The full recipe for Moonlight mead is as follows (ingredients used in the order given):
- 2 Buckets of Water
- 2 Barley malt.
- (Optional) 1 "The stuff", to increase chance of maturity.
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 Ale yeast
- Wait two to five days
- Collect the completed ale using eight Beer glasses or two Calquat kegs.
- Moonlight mead might be a reference to moonshine, a common name for home-distilled alcohol, especially in places where this practice is illegal. Moonshine is also a brand name of alcohol, which is illegal since it contains a very large percentage of alcohol, and is considered very dangerous.
- Moonlight mead may also be a reference to moonlight of the full moon, which is normally related with men turning into werewolves, although this doesn't apply to the werewolves in Canifis.
- Since it does not contain honey, it is not truly mead.
Asgarnian ale (mature) • Axeman's folly (mature) • Bandit's brew • Beer • Chef's delight (mature) • Cider (mature) • Dragon bitter (mature) • Dwarven stout (mature) • Greenman's ale (mature) • Grog • Moonlight mead (mature) • Slayer's respite (mature) • Wizard's mind bomb (mature)
Asgarnian ale (mature) • Axeman's folly (mature) • Chef's delight (mature) • Cider (mature) • Dragon bitter (mature) • Dwarven stout (mature) • Greenman's ale (mature) • Moonlight mead (mature) • Slayer's respite (mature) • Mind bomb (mature)
Asgoldian ale • Bottle of wine • Brandy • Braindeath 'rum' • Gin • Half full wine jug • Jug of wine • Karamjan rum • Keg of beer • Kelda stout • Khali brew • Mos Le Harmless 'rum' • Beer tankard • Vodka • Whisky