Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Multicombat areas are identified upon entering by two crossed swords () which appear in the bottom right-hand corner of the interface or under the mini world map. Anywhere else is a Single-way combat area, also known as a single-combat area.
Multicombat areas are especially dangerous in the Wilderness, as a player can be attacked by more than one monster or player at a time. It is very useful, though, to be in a multicombat area while monster slaying with friends, as lone players can be killed easily.
Notice when you are using Magic or Ranged on an enemy behind a barrier, such as ranging goblins behind a fence, even though it's not a multicombat area, as long as you aren't under attack, you can attack more than one enemy.
Some multicombat areas include:
- The Abyss
- Al Kharid Palace in Al Kharid
- Ape Atoll
- Bandit Camp in the Kharidian Desert
- Barbarian Assault
- Barbarian Village
- Battlefield south of West Ardougne
- Castle Wars
- Jail area in Draynor Village
- Duel Arena
- Most sections of Falador, including the White Knight's Castle
- Falador Mole Lair
- Fight Pits in TzHaar City
- God Wars Dungeon
- Jatizso ice troll area
- The kalphites' section of the Stronghold Slayer Cave
- Kalphite Lair
- Lighthouse Dungeon
- Neitiznot ice troll area
- Pest Control
- Piscatoris Fishing Colony
- Player-owned house dungeons and fight arenas
- Ranging Guild
- The northern coast of the Fremennik Province
- The first level of the Stronghold of Security
- TzHaar City
- Varrock Sewers
- Waterbirth Island Dungeon
- White Wolf Mountain
- Several places in the Wilderness including the areas at or around:
- The Abandoned Farm
- The Wilderness Bandit Camp
- The Chaos Temple hut in the western Wilderness (not the Chaos Temple in the eastern Wilderness)
- The Dark Warriors' Fortress
- The Deadly red spiders
- The Deep Wilderness Castle Ruins
- The Demonic Ruins
- The Graveyard of Shadows
- The Lava Maze
- Lava Dragon Isle
- Rogues' Castle
- The Scorpion Pit
- The southern part of the Wilderness Agility Course
- Wizards' Tower
Some weapons, spells or equipment are capable of hitting multiple opponents in a single hit. Most of them could still be used in single-combat areas, but they could only hit multiple opponents while in a multi-combat area. They include:
- Some Ancient Magicks:
- Chinchompas and Red chinchompas
- The special attacks of some weapons:
- The Retribution prayer deals damage to surrounding opponents on the player's death.
- The Void seal deals damage to all nearby pests when operated.
Technically, the Dwarf multicannon is not a multi-hitting weapon; it simply shoots at many opponents very rapidly given that the player is not under attack or is in a multi-combat area.
- Usually, when fighting a single monster with other players, the player that applied the most total damage at the end of the battle gets the monster's item/coin drop.
- Players can aggravate multiple enemies by simply attacking all of them without killing them then running to a farther location. The aggressive monsters will follow the player causing the monsters to pile the player.
- What determines if you are in able to attack someone else is based on the zone they are currently in, which means one could attack multiple from a single-combat zone as long as they are in a multicombat area. This will also mean that only one person can attack you if you are in a single-combat area.