Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ogre coffins are coffins located in the level one basement of Jiggig and just outside Jiggig directly south. The coffins can be opened by either of two means:
- Picking the lock requires level 20 Thieving, yielding 27 experience. Failing to pick the lock yields 1 thieving experience and lowers your Thieving stat temporarily.
- Opening the coffin using an Ogre coffin key. Keys are obtained from drops by Zogres and Skogres in Jiggig.
Picking the coffin lock Edit
You attempt to pick the lock on the coffin:
- You unlock the coffin... (the dialogue tells you the items found, if any).
- Your lockpick snaps (if you have one; a lockpick not required to pick the locks).
- You fail to pick the lock - your fingers get numb from fumbling with the lock.
- Outside Jiggig only: You fail to pick the lock - your fingers get numb from fumbling with the lock (and you get caught).
- Ogre Guard: Hey thief! I's gonna teach ya!
- You're knocked unconscious and dropped down a chute.
- You slowly wake up in a strange place (you are in the level one basement of Jiggig).
The locks cannot be picked whilst in combat; attempting to do so will display the message, "You're in mortal danger, thieving is the last thing on your mind."
Each time you fail and your fingers get numb, your Thieving level will be temporarily drained by 1-4 levels. Note that this drain will stack with itself, and if your thieving drops below 20, you will not be able to pick the lock. Failure is frequent even for players with thieving levels in the 80s, so expect thieving ability losses. Lowered Thieving levels can be restored by drinking super restore potions.
Loot from ogre coffinsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 6–20 Common Not sold Bronze axe 1 Common 21 Iron axe 1 Common 18 Steel axe 1 Common 22 Bronze pickaxe 1 Common 80 Iron pickaxe 1 Common 221 Steel pickaxe 1 Common 859 Bronze dagger 1 Common 21 Iron dagger 1 Common 5 Steel dagger 1 Common 8 Bronze nails 1 Common 10 Iron nails 1 Common 17 Steel nails 1 Common 30 Black nails 1 Common 498 Knife 1 Common 57 Rusty sword 1 Uncommon Not sold Damaged armour 1 Uncommon Not sold Leather body 1 Uncommon 15 Tinderbox 1 Uncommon 135 Buttons 1 Rare Not sold Uncut opal 1 Rare 84 Uncut jade 1 Rare 325 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 1,868 Clue scroll (easy) 1 Rare Not sold
- The chances are calculated using a sample size of 2560.