Ogre coffins are coffins located in the level one basement of Jiggig and just outside Jiggig directly south. The coffins can be opened by either of two means:
- Picking the lock requires level 20 Thieving, yielding 27 experience. Failing to pick the lock yields 1 thieving experience and lowers your Thieving stat temporarily.
- Opening the coffin using an Ogre coffin key. Keys are obtained from drops by Zogres and Skogres in Jiggig.
Picking the coffin lock Edit
You attempt to pick the lock on the coffin:
- You unlock the coffin... (the dialogue tells you the items found, if any).
- Your lockpick snaps (if you have one; a lockpick not required to pick the locks).
- You fail to pick the lock - your fingers get numb from fumbling with the lock.
- Outside Jiggig only: You fail to pick the lock - your fingers get numb from fumbling with the lock (and you get caught).
- Ogre Guard: Hey thief! I's gonna teach ya!
- You're knocked unconscious and dropped down a chute.
- You slowly wake up in a strange place (you are in the level one basement of Jiggig).
The locks cannot be picked whilst in combat; attempting to do so will display the message, "You're in mortal danger, thieving is the last thing on your mind."
Each time you fail and your fingers get numb, your Thieving level will be temporarily drained by 1-4 levels. Note that this drain will stack with itself, and if your thieving drops below 20, you will not be able to pick the lock. Failure is frequent even for players with thieving levels in the 80s, so expect thieving ability losses. Lowered Thieving levels can be restored by drinking super restore potions.
Loot from ogre coffinsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 6–20 Common Not sold Bronze axe 1 Common 36 Iron axe 1 Common 16 Steel axe 1 Common 18 Bronze pickaxe 1 Common 52 Iron pickaxe 1 Common 245 Steel pickaxe 1 Common 814 Bronze dagger 1 Common 20 Iron dagger 1 Common 9 Steel dagger 1 Common 11 Bronze nails 1 Common 12 Iron nails 1 Common 18 Steel nails 1 Common 31 Black nails 1 Common 662 Knife 1 Common 46 Rusty sword 1 Uncommon Not sold Damaged armour 1 Uncommon Not sold Leather body 1 Uncommon 14 Tinderbox 1 Uncommon 132 Buttons 1 Rare Not sold Uncut opal 1 Rare 51 Uncut jade 1 Rare 192 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 1,727 Clue scroll (easy) 1 Rare Not sold
- The chances are calculated using a sample size of 2560.