|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High Alch||7 coins|
|Low Alch||4 coins|
|Store price||12 coins|
|Exchange price||95 coins (info)|
|A strong smelling onion.|
Onions are food items grown at level 5 Farming, taking 60 minutes to grow and granting 10.5 experience upon harvesting or health checking. Farmers will look after your onion patch if you pay them 1 sack of potatoes. A flower patch of marigolds also provides protection. Onions can be stored in sacks.
They can be found or bought in several locations:
- Purchased from the Grand Tree Groceries in the Gnome Stronghold
- Food shop in the dungeon on Miscellania
- Buy or thieve from Greengrocer vegetable stall in Etceteria and Miscellania
- Spawns in the backyard of Farmer Fred's farmhouse in the back of the sheep pen in Lumbridge and in the field north of Rimmington.
- Teak larders in a player-owned house
Onions are used as a Cooking ingredient for:
An onion is used in the Witch's Potion quest as an ingredient.
Pastry dough • Pie shell • Redberries • Cooked meat • Compost • Cooking apples • Tomato • Onion • Cabbage • Trout • Cod • Raw potato • Salmon • Tuna • Raw bear meat • Raw chompy • Raw rabbit • Strawberry • Watermelon • Golovanova fruit top
Part admiral pie 1 • Part admiral pie 2 • Part fish pie 1 • Part fish pie 2 • Part garden pie 1 • Part garden pie 2 • Part mud pie 1 • Part mud pie 2 • Part summer pie 1 • Part summer pie 2 • Part wild pie 1 • Part wild pie 2