The list is coloured-coded based on the progress made in each quest:
- Yellow (In progress)
- Green (Complete)
- Red (Not started)
The list is sorted based on the difficulty of each quest:
- Special (Recipe for Disaster has multiple subquests, and therefore multiple difficulties)
At the top of the journal, the number of quest points obtained is displayed.
Clicking on a quest name shows a screen with:
- How to start the quest (if the player has not started it)
- How to progress further in the quest
- What the player has already done in the quest
Clicking on a quest that has been completed (displayed in green) shows a screen with:
- What the player did during the quest
- The reward(s) obtained
After completing certain quests, the Quest journal will give new information.
- The Fremennik Trials - Shows your Fremennik name.
- The Hand in the Sand - Tells you when you can collect sand from Bert again.
- Tears of Guthix - Countdown until players are allowed to access to the minigame again.
- Rag and Bone Man - See the Wishlist following the quest. Also shows which bones you have in your bank or inventory and how prepared they are.
- Wanted! - See your current White Knight rank.