The amount of points awarded depends on the quest, ranging from 1 to 6 points. A special case is Recipe for Disaster, since it is split up into 10 sub-quests, each awarding 1QP.
A full list of quests, sortable by name, amount of QP, official length and membership requirement can be found on the Quest point table.
Purely Free-to-play players can get up to 40 quest points, the current maximum amount for Members is 252. To earn the right to wear the Quest point cape, players must complete every quest, and in addition earn an additional quest point by completing a second wishlist after Rag and Bone Man.
Some activities require a player to have at least a certain amount of quest points:
- 12 quest points are needed to start Black Knights' Fortress.
- At 32 quest points, players can enter the Champions' Guild, to begin the ultimate free-to-play quest, Dragon Slayer, and earn the right to wear the best free-to-play body armour.
- 43 quest points to start the Tears of Guthix quest.
- 55 points are required to start the Heroes' Quest, which allows access the Heroes' Guild.
- 100 points are required to start the Swan Song quest, which allows access to the Piscatoris Fishing Colony.
- 107 quest points are one of the requirements to start the Legends' Quest, which admits players to the Legends' Guild.
- 175 points are needed to start the end-fights of Recipe for Disaster.
Tears of GuthixEdit
- There is a requirement other than waiting one week, and that is either having gained 1QP or 100k total experience since the last visit.
- The more quest points a player has, the longer they can stay in the minigame, which means they will have the chance to collect more tears and get more experience in their lowest skill.
- In 2001, completing some quests would add to the "influence" skill. Later, the "influence" skill was replaced by the quest point system.
- RuneScape Classic players could have up to 112 quest points.