The rare drop table is a special list of items. When slain, some monsters have a chance to give loot from the rare drop table instead of loot from their own unique drop table. This chance usually ranges from 1/16 to 1/64. Unlike the standard drop table, the rare drop table is shared by many monsters ranging from chaos druids, to lesser demons, through to most Slayer monsters and the Kalphite queen.
A ring of wealth affects how the rare drop table works. It removes most of the "empty" slots on the rare drop table. Therefore, the odds of receiving items is increased. A ring of wealth does not affect how often the rare drop table is accessed. So, when wearing a ring of wealth, the rare drop table will not be triggered more often, but when it is triggered, the player is more likely to receive an item.
- 100% drop - Most creatures have what is called a '100% drop', which they will drop every time they are defeated (for example bones or ashes).
- Main drop - This will be an item drawn from a creature's drop table based upon a random 'roll' (imagine a dice roll or roulette wheel).
- Drop table - This is a list of all items that a creature could possibly drop. The percentage chance of receiving each item varies, often depending upon the item's relative value.
- Rare drop table - Occasionally, a creature can give access to a drop table of more valuable items. To receive items from this drop table, you must first "roll" to land on it from the main drop table.
- Second drop - Some creatures also have a second drop. Second drops in the game include the draconic visage from various Dragons, boss pets and hard clue scrolls/elite clue scrolls.
- Quest drops - in some instances, a creature will drop a quest-specific item (e.g. the unique bones required for the Rag and Bone Man quest).
Items on the rare drop tableEdit
The RDT contains a main table, with 128 slots. This table has two sub-tables, the Gem Table, and the Mega-Rare Table. The Gem Table has a weight of 20/128, which contains mostly gems but also half keys, rune javelins, chaos talismans, and nature talismans. The Mega-Rare Table has a weight of 15/128, and contains mostly empty drops (which are "dropped" in the form of 10 coins), but also rune spear, dragon spear, and shield left half. Wearing a ring of wealth will remove the empty slots from the Mega-Rare Table.
Runes & Ammunition - Drops for Members OnlyEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Law rune 45 Rare (2/128) 9,720 Death rune 45 Rare (2/128) 11,475 Nature rune 67 Rare (3/128) 18,157 Steel arrow 150 Rare (2/128) 5,100 Rune arrow 42 Rare (2/128) 4,704
Resources - Drops for Members Only (4 basic gems for F2P)Edit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Uncut sapphire 1 Common  1,534 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon  1,581 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon  1,937 Uncut diamond 1 Rare  3,299 Dragonstone 1 Rare (2/128) 22,277 Runite bar 1 Uncommon (5/128) 13,661 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare (2/128) 9,100
Miscellaneous - Drops for Members OnlyEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common (22/128) Not sold Chaos talisman 1 Common  403 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon  507 Loop half of key 1 Common (~20/128) 6,964 Tooth half of key 1 Common (~19/128) 25,756
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 This item is part of the Gem sub-table
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 This item is actually even more common because it is also part of the Gem sub-table
Armour and equipment - Drops for Members OnlyEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamant javelin 20 Rare (1/64) 1,060 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon  670 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare (1/43) 41,024 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare (1/43) 26,550 Rune sq shield 1 Rare (1/64) 23,910 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare (1/128) 36,148 Dragon med helm 1 Rare (1/128) 63,170 Rune spear 1 Rare (~1/137) 12,852 Shield left half 1 Very rare (~1/273) 73,196 Dragon spear 1 Very rare (~1/364) 40,674
All drop probabilities taken from http://forum.runescape.com/forums.ws?317,318,288,65354165