The rare drop table is a special list of items. When slain, some monsters have a chance to give loot from the rare drop table instead of loot from their own unique drop table. This chance usually ranges from 1/16 to 1/64. Unlike the standard drop table, the rare drop table is shared by many monsters ranging from chaos druids, to lesser demons, through to most Slayer monsters and the Kalphite queen.
A ring of wealth affects how the rare drop table works. It removes most of the "empty" slots on the rare drop table. Therefore, the odds of receiving items is increased. A ring of wealth does not affect how often the rare drop table is accessed. So, when wearing a ring of wealth, the rare drop table will not be triggered more often, but when it is triggered, the player is more likely to receive an item.
At current prices, the expected value of a drop from the rare drop table (assuming no ring of wealth) is approximately 10,320.1 coins.
- 100% drop - Most creatures have what is called a '100% drop', which they will drop every time they are defeated (for example bones or ashes).
- Main drop - This will be an item drawn from a creature's drop table based upon a random 'roll' (imagine a dice roll or roulette wheel).
- Drop table - This is a list of all items that a creature could possibly drop. The percentage chance of receiving each item varies, often depending upon the item's relative value.
- Rare drop table - Occasionally, a creature can give access to a drop table of more valuable items. To receive items from this drop table, you must first "roll" to land on it from the main drop table.
- Second drop - Some creatures also have a second drop. Second drops in the game include the draconic visage from various Dragons, boss pets and hard clue scrolls/elite clue scrolls.
- Quest drops - in some instances, a creature will drop a quest-specific item (e.g. the unique bones required for the Rag and Bone Man quest).
Items on the rare drop tableEdit
The RDT contains a main table, with 128 slots. This table has two sub-tables, the Gem Table, and the Mega-Rare Table. The Gem Table has a weight of 20/128, which contains mostly gems but also half keys, rune javelins, chaos talismans, and nature talismans. The Mega-Rare Table has a weight of 15/128, and contains mostly empty drops (which are "dropped" in the form of 10 coins), but also rune spear, dragon spear, and shield left half. Wearing a ring of wealth will remove the empty slots from the Mega-Rare Table.
Runes & Ammunition - Drops for Members OnlyEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Law rune 45 Rare (2/128) 9,720 Death rune 45 Rare (2/128) 13,140 Nature rune 67 Rare (3/128) 18,224 Steel arrow 150 Rare (2/128) 5,100 Rune arrow 42 Rare (2/128) 4,872
Resources - Drops for Members Only (4 basic gems for F2P)Edit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Uncut sapphire 1 Common  1,547 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon  1,514 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon  2,215 Uncut diamond 1 Rare  3,976 Dragonstone 1 Rare (2/128) 20,514 Runite bar 1 Uncommon (5/128) 13,688 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare (2/128) 7,800
Miscellaneous - Drops for Members OnlyEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common (22/128) Not sold Chaos talisman 1 Common  275 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon  565 Loop half of key 1 Common (~20/128) 6,755 Tooth half of key 1 Common (~19/128) 23,233
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 This item is part of the Gem sub-table
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 This item is actually even more common because it is also part of the Gem sub-table
Armour and equipment - Drops for Members OnlyEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamant javelin 20 Rare (2/128) 1,100 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon  665 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare (3/128) 41,216 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare (3/128) 26,930 Rune sq shield 1 Rare (2/128) 24,847 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare (1/128) 36,280 Dragon med helm 1 Rare (1/128) 63,648 Rune spear 1 Rare (~1/137) 12,896 Shield left half 1 Very rare (~1/273) 73,802 Dragon spear 1 Very rare (~1/364) 39,991
All drop probabilities taken from http://forum.runescape.com/forums.ws?317,318,288,65354165