|Release date||11 June 2001 (Update)|
|High Alch||9 coins|
|Low Alch||6 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||52 coins (info)|
|I should try cooking this.|
Raw herring is an item that is obtained through the Fishing skill by using a fishing rod with fishing bait on a fishing spot with the option Bait. Catching a raw herring grants 30 Fishing experience. It can be cooked into herring with a Cooking level of 5, granting 50 Cooking experience.
One of RuneScape's Monty Python references is revealed if players use a herring (cooked or raw) with any tree in RuneScape (except the one outside the Draynor Village bank, in which the security guard is hiding). The text will say This is not the mightiest tree in the forest, in reference to one of the lines in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. If used with the Grand Tree, the text replies It can't be done! in reference to another line in the movie.
- Draynor Village: To the west of Draynor Village's bank.
- Mudskipper Point: South of Port Sarim, dotting the western shore of the peninsula, located behind the church and near Thurgo's shack.
- Karamja: North-west Karamja.
- Lumbridge Swamp: At the east side of the swamp.
- Al Kharid: South of Al Kharid Bank.
- Wilderness Bandit Camp: The small pond.
- Catherby beach: On the beach, south-east of the bank.
- Entrana: Platform to the south-east.
- Feldip Hills: West of the hunter area.
- Fishing Platform: Various spots.
- Rellekka: The port just north from Peer the Seer, north-west of the fishing stall.
|Chambers of Xeric fish|