Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
RuneFest is the name of an annual Jagex-run real world event for RuneScape players.
- On 30 April 2010, the Flagstaff of Festivities was released in game. This item is only available for players who bought RuneFest 2010 tickets.
- In an email to Runefest ticket holders on the 9 August an image showed a graphically updated Draynor Village.
- Originally it was speculated that RuneFest 2010 would be held at the Olympia Conference Centre, in West Kensington, London, due to a leak on the RuneFest website.
Information from YouTube and Jagex Mod clan chatsEdit
|“||Aah RuneFest, seems our worst kept secret so far. We are planning a real world event for the players currently code named RuneFest. I cant give too much away otherwise the team will be beat me with my own shoes But I suppose I can say that I'm really excited about meeting the player(s). As are the rest of the Jagex family. Take care and hopefully see you all soon Irl.||”|
— Mark Gerhard
On 11 April, Mark Gerhard said the follow regarding RuneFest in his Clan Chat:
|“||Runescape nation was the project name for RuneFest. No RuneFest will go international afterwards, the 1st will be in England. Yeah it will go on tour :) I cant say too much about RuneFest though as the will club be [sic] to death with my own shoes if I do :) There will be official coms on RuneFest to follow shortly I'm sure||”|
— Mark Gerhard
In response to, "Will there be a music element to RuneFest as hinted in the trademark apps?"
|“||Yes Rule :)||”|
— Mark Gerhard
- On 18 March 2010, RuneFest.com was registered by Jagex.
- On 29 March, 2010, trademark applications were filed for "RuneFest", "Jagex Nation" and "RuneScape Nation". Both RuneScapeNation.com and JagexNation.com are owned by Jagex.
The trademark classes for RuneFest, RuneScape Nation and Jagex Nation are:
Class 09: Audio recordings; video recordings; audio-visual recordings; pre-recorded publications; downloadable electronic publications; data-carriers for audio and visual and audio-visual recordings; CDs; DVDs.
Class 16: Printed publications; printed matter; books, leaflets, brochures; posters, postcards, stationery.
Class 25: Clothing, footwear, headgear.
Class 41: Entertainment; organising, promotion and production of entertainment and events; organising, production and presentation of shows, staged events, theatrical performances, concerts, live performationces and audience participation events; musical entertainment; live musical entertainment; production, presentation and distribution of sound and video recordings; provision of recreational facilities; arranging and conducting festivals; arranging and conducting competitions; arranging and conducting events relating to computer games and video games and Internet games; information and advisory and consultancy services relating to all of the foregoing.
- ↑ RuneFest (Web). “RuneFest 2010 will be held at the Olympia Conference Centre in London, UK. It's within easy walking distance of a number of transport links, as well as plenty of accommodation opportunities.”*
- ↑ Runefest.com Whois Lookup (Web). 16:34, February 5, 2011 (UTC).*
- ↑ Intellectual Property Office. Case details for Trade Mark 2543331 (Web). 04:33, December 26, 2012 (UTC).*
- ↑ Intellectual Property Office. Case details for Trade Mark 2543329 (Web). 16:34, February 5, 2011 (UTC).*
- ↑ Intellectual Property Office. Case details for Trade Mark 2543330 (Web). 16:34, February 5, 2011 (UTC).*
- ↑ Who.is. Runescapenation.com Whois Lookup (Web). 16:34, February 5, 2011 (UTC).*
- ↑ Who.is. Jagexnation.com Whois Lookup (Web). 16:34, February 5, 2011 (UTC).*