|Release date||5 December 2006 (Update)|
|Follower of Saradomin.|
Saradomin wizards will only attack you while doing level 3 coordinate clue scrolls. They call out "For Saradomin!" upon appearing and attacking. They attack with a poisoned dragon dagger, and cast Saradomin Strike when maging. They are very dangerous as they are almost guaranteed to poison whenever they use melee, and they will also change attack styles if protection prayers are used. It has been confirmed that the Saradomin wizards are not immune to poison, although it can be difficult to poison them.
A Saradomin wizard will always appear whilst digging at the location of a level 3 coordinate clue, outside of the Wilderness.
Strengths and weaknessesEdit
Saradomin Wizards are much more powerful than their counterpart, Zamorak wizards. The Saradomin Strikes they use are uncharged, and hence hit a maximum of 20. Their melee attacks hit up to 14 and have a near 100% chance of inflicting poison, even if the attack does no direct damage (similar to Cave slimes), unless the player immunises themself with an Antipoison potion, or has protect from melee activated before it appears (which prevents them from using their melee attack). As their daggers are tipped with poison, the poison will initially deal 6 hitpoints of damage. They are weak to ranged and slash attacks.
Tips for killingEdit
- The safest way to kill them is to stand out of their wandering radius and range them with the "longranged" style. Most coordinate spots have a wide-enough area to do this. If done correctly, the wizard either walk around aimlessly or attempt to retreat. Even though the player will be attacking him, he will be unable to strike back because the player is outside his radius. Also, you can trap them behind something, turn on protection from magic, and range them from behind it
- If you run away from the wizard and return to the fight with Protect from Magic activated, he will only attack using magic.
- It is a good idea to bring dragonhide and a bow when doing level 3 clues. When the Saradomin Wizard appears, hide behind a nearby obstacle, turn on the Protect from Magic prayer, and range him.
- Before digging, prepare your weapon's special attack (if it has one) and then turn the protect from magic prayer on. By having protect from magic, the Saradomin wizard will attack with melee but as you should have good armour (with high defence bonuses) his dagger attacks should not be a problem and since you have either anti-poison or super or extra strong anti-poison potion, his poison will not affect you. Once the wizard is defeated, dig at the specified location again. Make sure to bring lobsters or other equivalent food and runes or any method of teleportation so that if your health gets low, you can teleport to safety and save the clue scroll. You can then go back to the spot and try again.
- Another option is if you have a high magic level, and thus high magic defence, wear dragonhide armour (preferably black), use Protect from Melee prayer and he'll always attack with magic (his magic attacks will splash on your dragonhide most of the time, plus you will not get poisoned however, if you have low magic defence, he can hit constant 20s!) then either use dragon dagger special or range to kill them. Note that no matter how high your magic level is, remember to bring some food, just in case, because his magic hits harder than his melee.
- If your combat statistics are melee based, and they are all 70+, a very effective strategy is to wear melee armour (Dragon or better) drink an anti-poison, and attack using protect from magic. You will be hit for very minimal damage, and should defeat him easily.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 63
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Air battlestaff 1 Uncommon 9,109 Water battlestaff 1 Uncommon 9,103 Earth battlestaff 1 Uncommon 9,115 Fire battlestaff 1 Uncommon 9,109
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Air rune 189; 196 Uncommon 945–980 Water rune 42; 126; 145; 146 Uncommon 210–730 Earth rune 79; 86; 107 Uncommon 395–535 Fire rune 51; 180; 188 Uncommon 255–940 Cosmic rune 25 Uncommon 3,975 Nature rune 28; 30 Uncommon 7,476–8,010 Law rune 9; 10 Uncommon 1,665–1,850 Death rune 45 Uncommon 14,805 Blood rune 8; 40 Uncommon 1,880–9,400
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 77; 89 Uncommon Not sold
- Interestingly, the Saradomin wizard can cast Saradomin Strike while wielding a dragon dagger, even though players can only cast the spell while wielding a Saradomin staff.
- Surprisingly, there is a very rare glitch that enables the wizard to sometimes inflict poison when using Saradomin Strike, even if he does not use melee at all throughout the fight. This is actually caused by the routine that the wizard uses to poison the player. If the wizard is in melee range and the player is not using Protect from Melee, the wizard has about a 95% chance of causing poison for each game tick that passes. The first game tick could fail, for example, but the poison might be inflicted on the second or third tick. Activating Protect from Melee prevents this from happening by causing the wizard to use his magic attack instead.
- Its possible to dress up as one by wearing desert robes, cape (yellow), dragon dagger (p++) and leather boots.
- When digging for a clue scroll and a Saradomin wizard attacks, if you dig again, another wizard will attack you if you are hiding from the attacks of the first Wizard.