Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release date||6 January 2014 (Update)|
|High Alch||24,000 coins|
|Low Alch||16,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|You really don't want to wear it inside-out.|
The slayer helmet is a single item worn in the headslot that combines multiple pieces of protective and beneficial slayer gear. It may be assembled after a player spends 400 Slayer reward points to learn how to craft one, additionally requiring level 55 Crafting (boosts work). The defensive bonuses are the same as that of a rune full helm.
For players with undead Slayer assignments, the boosts given by the Salve amulet or Salve amulet (e) do not stack with the effects of a Slayer helmet. If a player owns the Salve amulet (e) or (ei), it's recommended to switch to a better helmet and wear the amulet instead, since it gives 20% accuracy and damage bonus, as opposed to the 16.67% melee or 15% mage and range boosts the helmet grants. Similarly with Aberrant Spectre tasks, there is a negative magic defence bonus so it could be better to use a nose peg.
|Hover over image for type|
A player wearing a slayer helmet.
Assembling the helmetEdit
Assembling the helmet requires the player to purchase the Malevolent masquerade ability from a Slayer master, costing 400 Slayer reward points. In addition, level 55 Crafting is required to craft the helmet; boosts will work when assembling it.
The items used to assemble the slayer helmet are:
- A black mask, which provides a 16.67% boost to Melee damage and accuracy against the player's current Slayer assignment.
- A pair of earmuffs, which deafens the screams of banshees.
- A face mask, which allows the player to breathe in the Smoke Dungeon.
- A nose peg, which blocks the stench of aberrant spectres.
- A spiny helmet, which protects the player from wall beasts when traversing the Lumbridge Swamp Caves.
- An enchanted gem, which checks the amount of monsters a player must slay in order to complete their task. A player must right click the helmet and select the 'Check' option to check their kills. Players can also use it to access their slayer log to see the total amount of defeated slayer monsters as well as contacting slayer masters for tips about their current assignment.
At the cost of 1,250,000 Nightmare Zone reward points, the Slayer helmet can be upgraded to a Slayer helmet (i), extending the 15% damage boost to work with Magic and Ranged as well. The slayer helmet (i) also has a +10 magic defence bonus, a +3 Magic attack bonus and a +3 Ranged attack bonus.
With 1,000 Slayer reward points, the player can learn how to recolour the helmet to black, green, or red by using the helmet on an unstuffed Kbd head, Kq head, or Abyssal head, respectively. Each recolour ability is purchased separately, meaning 3,000 slayer reward points are required to fully access all the recolours, provided the player has the heads readily available. Players can disassemble the recoloured helmet to retrieve the head back.
- The slayer helmet was the first item to conform (either by remodelling or conversion [unclear from source]) to the Old School model format (from a later undefined format) and to be introduced to the game.
- Upon death, the slayer helmet will now remain equipped to the player or stay in the inventory, as with other untradeable items. Previously, all components of the helmet would disappear and the black mask would appear on the ground.
- When combined with a black mask (10) It will lose its charges.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JagexAsh/status/689105142382198784
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JagexAsh/status/392403275292483586
|Equipment from Slayer Masters|
|Items from Slayer Masters||
Bag of salt • Enchanted gem • Fishing explosive • Fungicide spray • Fungicide • Rock hammer • Ice cooler • Slayer bell • Broad arrowheads • Unfinished broad bolts • Broad arrowhead pack • Unfinished broad bolt pack
|Purchased with Slayer reward points|