|Release date||18 May 2017 (Update)|
|Location||Stronghold of Security (bottom level)|
|A barbarian spirit who was once an explorer... It seems he wasn't very good at it.|
Solztun is an NPC that can be found at the end of the Stronghold of Security's bottom level. He is the brother of Litara, who is found outside the entrance of the stronghold. Despite being a ghost, players do not require an amulet of ghostspeak when speaking to him, as he is injecting his thoughts directly into the player.
He is the dead explorer who is found laying on the ground when players enter the Stronghold. If players have the RuneScape Authenticator active on their account and a pair of fancy or fighting boots, he will imbue the player's skull sceptre so that it does not break upon depleting all its charges.
Talking to Litara after speaking to Solztun in the stronghold will trigger a conversation with her about her brother.
- Solztun: Can you hear me?
- Player: ...I can, but I'm not wearing an amulet of ghostspeak... A-am I dead?
- Solztun: I'm no ghost! I'm a spirit, I'm injecting my thoughts into your head
- Player: Oh, that's... interesting. Also rather disturbing...
- Solztun: Try not to think about it.
- Player: Who are you?
- Solztun: As I said, I am Solztun, the greatest barbarian explorer! I came to explore this place, but unfortunately I died long before I made it to the treasure.
- Player: Nobody came to help?!
- Solztun: Oh no, they had no idea I was hurt, I guess they assumed I'd found the treasure and made a new life for myself.
- Player: Were you not a fan of the barbarian life style?
- Solztun: It was all death and pillaging, I prefer the finer things in life, like exploration and discovery!
- Player: Ah, I too enjoy those.
- Player: Why are you here?
- Solztun: I came for treasure!
- Player: Oh right, you were looking for what's in that cradle?
- Solztun: Yes, but alas, I'm dead.
- Player: I guess I could show you... for a price.
- Solztun: Hmm... I don't have much to offer, but if you happen upon a skull sceptre, I could make it stronger.
- Player: Stronger you say... In what way?
- Solztun: Currently the sceptre is fragile, it breaks once all charges have been used. Show me the treasure and I could imbue it so it can be recharged with any sceptre piece.
- Player: You, my dead friend, have a deal!
- Player: Bye!
- Solztun: Stay safe, adventurer.