A spinning wheel is a device used with the Crafting skill to spin fibers into strings. Spinning wheels are marked on the map by this symbol: .
The following table shows what fibers can be spun into what strings using a spinning wheel:
|Wool||Ball of wool||1||2.5|
|Magic roots||Magic string||19||30|
The most commonly used spinning wheels are located in Lumbridge castle on the second level because of its proximity to the third level bank. However, Lumbridge is not close to any flax plants. Some players teleport to the Lletya flax field which is the closest to a bank. After banking a large amount of flax, use the Lumbridge Home Teleport spell to access the spinning wheels.
Second choice is Seers' Village and the Tree Gnome Stronghold, due to the close distance between the spinning wheels and banks. Also, both spinning wheels are located near flax. The Seers' Village spinning wheel is objectively the best for those who have completed the medium Kandarin Diary, since it spins 33% faster than normal.
Other locations of spinning wheels include:
- Barbarian Village, south of the longhall
- Crafting Guild, on the 1st floor[ floor ]
- Falador, in the house directly east of Wayne's Chains and south of the castle
- Lletya, in the same building as the Lletya Seamstress.
- Neitiznot, South-East corner
- Rellekka, South-West building, also located by an Anvil, a Furnace, and a Pottery oven.
- Sophanem, South of the Altar
- Witchaven, South of the fishing shop
- Seer's Village, upstairs in a house south of the bank
- Hosidius House on Zeah, South of the Estate agent in two houses, both upstairs