Spirit shields are a range of shields available to members. There are five types of spirit shields, the stronger ones being upgraded versions of the basic spirit shield. The weakest spirit shield is the 'basic' or 'plain' spirit shield as a rare drop from the Corporeal Beast. The basic spirit shield requires level 45 Defence and level 55 Prayer to wield, and its bonuses are comparable to those of a Rune kiteshield.
A blessed spirit shield can be created from a 'plain' spirit shield by adding a holy elixir to it, providing the player has at least level 85 Prayer. A blessed spirit shield requires 70 Defence and 60 Prayer to wield, and has improved bonuses, similar to a Dragon sq shield's stats. The holy elixir is dropped by the Corporeal Beast.
A spirit sigil can be attached to a blessed spirit shield to further upgrade the shield. There are three different sigils: Arcane, Elysian and Spectral. When a sigil is attached to a blessed spirit shield, that shield will have the same name as the sigil used. Each sigil gives the shield different bonuses and/or abilities. Level 90 Prayer and level 85 Smithing are required to attach a sigil to a blessed spirit shield. If the player lacks the required Prayer level, Abbot Langley at the Monastery can bless it for them, for a price of 1,500,000 coins. All sigils are dropped only by the Corporeal Beast. The Arcane, and Spectral spirit shields require 75 Defence, 65 Magic, and 70 Prayer to wield, while the Elysian spirit shield requires 75 Prayer and Defence.
Sigils and ShieldsEdit
Once the player has a blessed spirit shield, they can then attach a spirit sigil to it. There are three different sigils available for use on a blessed spirit shield:
- Arcane sigil - creates an Arcane spirit shield (75 Defence, 65 Magic, 70 Prayer to wield).
- The Arcane spirit shield has the best magic attack bonus available for the shield slot.
- Elysian sigil - creates an Elysian spirit shield (75 Defence, 75 Prayer to wield).
- The Elysian spirit shield is a damage-reducing shield. It has a 70% chance of reducing any damage received by 25%.
- Spectral sigil - creates a Spectral spirit shield (75 Defence, 65 Magic, 70 Prayer to wield).
- The Spectral spirit shield has best magic defence bonus available for the shield slot.
The bonuses each spirit shield gives are summarized below.
|Item||Attack Bonuses||Defence Bonuses||Other|
|Blessed spirit shield||0||0||0||0||0||+53||+55||+73||+2||+52||0||0||0||+3|
|Arcane spirit shield||0||0||0||+20||0||+53||+55||+73||+2||+52||0||0||0||+3|
|Elysian spirit shield||0||0||0||0||0||+63||+65||+75||+2||+57||0||0||0||+3|
|Spectral spirit shield||0||0||0||0||0||+53||+55||+73||+30||+52||0||0||0||+3|
Obtaining spirit shieldsEdit
- A basic Spirit shield is dropped by the Corporeal Beast.
- Holy elixir is a rare drop of the Corporeal Beast.
- All three Spirit sigils are rare drops from the Corporeal Beast.
All spirit shields and their components are tradeable.
The following flowchart simplifies the process:
|Creating spirit shields|
|Add (with 85 Prayer):|
|Blessed spirit shield|
|Add (with 90 Prayer and 85 Smithing,|
or by Abbot Langley):
- Spirit shields and sigils are similar to godswords and hilts - both are made from multiple rare high-level monster drops, and both have four modifiers. The main difference is that once a spirit shield is enhanced, it cannot be changed, unlike a godsword, where hilts can be exchanged.
Spirit shields and sigils
• • • •
• • •