Steve is an NPC located by the steps in the upper level of the Skeletal Wyvern area in the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon. If players attempt to attack the skeletal wyverns in the upper area, he will stop them from doing so, claiming the upper area is only for those who have skeletal wyverns as a Slayer assignment. He wields a steel mace, an elemental shield, and a set of Bandos armour.
He is the little cousin of Nieve, the Slayer master next to the entrance of the Stronghold Slayer Cave. He believes that Slayer masters, and thus Nieve, have nothing special about them, because all they do is "tell people to kill stuff."
Through speaking to him, it is clear he is envious of his cousin, due to her having a large cavern where she can "boss people around" (referencing to what happens if players attack a monster within the cave that they're not assigned to kill). Because of this, he decided to carve some steps in the skeletal wyvern area in the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon and claimed the upper area as his own.
During the events Monkey Madness II, when the player recruits Nieve to defend the Tree Gnome Stronghold from Glough's attack, Steve leaves his post to replace Nieve. After hearing of her death, he still stays as a Slayer master, and is now equipped with a Zamorakian hasta. His little sister, Pieve, watches over the extra skeletal wyverns. Talking to him about Nieve's death will result in somewhat humorous dialogue where he was hoping to have a shield like hers when he took the job.
Steve is the solution to the medium anagram VESTE. The answer to his challenge question: How many farming patches are there in Gnome stronghold? is 2.
- 12 Slayer points for every normal task
- 60 for every 10th
- 180 for every 50th
- 300 for every 100th
- 420 for every 250th
- 600 for every 1,000th
Completing all of the elite tasks in the Western Provinces Diary will increase the Slayer points awarded by Steve to match those of Duradel (15 per task, 75 per 10th, 225 per 50th, 375 per 100th, 525 per 250th, and 750 per 1,000th).
Useful fairy ring codesEdit
- Fremennik Slayer Dungeon - ajr
- Slayer Tower - cks
- Brine Rat Cavern - dks
- Kalphite Lair - biq
- Abyssal Area - alr
- Kharidian Desert - dlq
- Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon - ajq
- ↑ Only assigned to players who have unlocked the Watch the birdy ability via spending 80 Slayer reward points.
- ↑ Only assigned to players who have unlocked the Like a boss ability via spending 200 Slayer reward points
- ↑ The odds of getting a specific task from the boss category is much smaller than getting a normal task, since there are two rolls for that task: one roll for the boss task, and one roll for the specific task within the boss category.
- ↑ Requires completion of Cabin Fever.
- ↑ Starting Mourning's Ends Part II is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑ Starting Desert Treasure quest is required to receive these as a task in order to access Smokey Well if choosing to slay them there.
- ↑ Starting Regicide is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑ Only after paying 75 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them, in addition to gaining at least 5% favour with the Shayzien House. No favour is required for killing them in the Lizardman Settlement.
- ↑ For lizardman shamans, 100% favour with the Shayzien House is required, and no favour is required for killing them in the Lizardman Settlement.
- ↑ Only after paying 80 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them. Also requires partial completion of Barbarian Training.
- ↑ Only after paying 50 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- ↑ Requires completion of Contact!
- ↑ Requires completion of Death Plateau, in addition to level 60 in Strength or Agility.
- ↑ Requires partial completion of Lunar Diplomacy.
- ↑ Only after paying 100 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Players may be given a chance to slay TzTok-Jad, giving 25,000 bonus Slayer experience as well as any experience gained throughout the cave.
- ↑ Requires completion of Lost City.
Increased task numbersEdit
- Steve's cousin, Nieve, died during the final chapter of Monkey Madness II, and he succeeds her as a Slayer master.
• • (20) • (40) • (70) • (85) / (85) • (100)