Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release date||14 September 2004 (Update)|
|Start point||Talk to Timfraku in his house in Tai Bwo Wannai.|
|Description||In Jungle Potion, the Shaman Trufitus communed with the gods to determine the fate of his people.
Now, Timfraku, the Chief of Tai Bwo Wannai, wishes to see his people and family return to the abandoned village.
Help a depressed fisherman, encourage a raging hunter and satiate an eccentric priest in this extreme test of aptitude and patience!
|Enemies to defeat|
Note: You will eventually need to buy Karamjan Rum from the Musa Point pub and add sliced banana into the Karamjan Rum. However, leaving Karamja (including teleporting) will remove Karamjan Rum from your inventory. Therefore, it is recommended to start off at Musa Point to obtain this item, then walk west through Brimhaven, and then south to Timfraku to start the quest. Immediately after starting the quest, go to Cairn Isle and hand the Karamjan Rum with the banana slices to Tinsay. This will minimize any backtracking and/or accidental removal of Karamjan Rum from your inventory when you leave the island to bank.
You can find Tamayu southeast of the village at the mine. He will return to Tai Bwo Wannai only once he has killed The Shaikahan. Talk to him; ask him when he will succeed and offer to join him on his next hunt. During a cutscene Tamayu will fail to defeat The Shaikahan. He will need to obtain a better spear and become more agile. At this point give Tamayu an Agility potion (3) or (4) to save you some space.
- Warning: You will not get your spear back once you've given it to Tamayu. Do not give him your spear until you poison it.
You need to poison your spear with a karambwan, a poisonous octopus native to Karamja. Go to the pond southwest of Tamayu and net-fish for karambwanji as you will need them for the next step. You will need at least 21 karambwanji (it is recommended to use the nearby fairy ring to bank unnecessary items so only one trip to Lubufu is necessary). It's better to get several extra since karambwan can steal the bait from your vessel, and you will have to walk back to get more bait.
Now travel north of the Tai Bwo Wannai shop, and talk to Lubufu by the fishing icon on the southern shore of Brimhaven. Select to "Talk about him..." and ask him how old he is. Then offer to help him collect bait, and then say that he sounds like he could do with the help. He will then tell you to catch 20 karambwanji so hand your fish over to him and go back to the lake to catch more if needed. Next, ask him what he uses to catch karambwan, followed by what he does with them, and he will give you a karambwan vessel. You will need three vessels total so use the drop trick to obtain two more from Lubufu. Use a karambwanji on one of these vessels.
- Next, go to the northeast corner of the jungle. (Cross the log at the river east of Tai Bwo Wannai and then head all the way north to the shore. You can also use Fairy Ring code DKP) Find Tiadeche, and talk to him. He says he will go back to Tai Bwo Wannai after you teach him how to catch karambwan. Give him your full karambwan vessel to get a raw karambwan. Grab the seaweed that spawns here on the beach as you will need it later on.
On your way back to the village kill a Jogre and pick up the bones. Now just south of the three huts is a fire. Cook your karambwan on the fire and then grind it with your pestle and mortar. Apply this paste to your spear. Go back to Tamayu, and give him the kp spear. Afterwards, ask him to take you on his next hunt. He will successfully defeat The Shaikahan and agree to return to Tai Bwo Wannai after you help his father and brothers. While you are here, kill a level 3 monkey with Magic or Ranged since you can't Melee it. Give the corpse to Tamayu to get it skinned.
- Warning: If you eat the karambwan you will be poisoned and can easily die, so right-click on it and select the "use" option, or simply use the pestle and mortar on it to prevent eating it.
- Note: With lower-level Cooking, there is a chance to burn the karambwan instead of getting a poisoned one. In this case, you cannot get another raw karambwan from the NPC, and you'll have to retrieve another one from a player. DO NOT buy a cooked karambwan from another player, as it will not be poisoned and cannot be used for the quest.
Talk to Tinsay who you can find on Cairn Isle, southwest from Tamayu, which is up the rockslide and across the bridge. (Agility level 32 required) He'll tell you that he's trying to repair the tribal statue in the village. He has lost his sanity recently due to some sort of accident with a Jogre. He asks for 3 special local items.
Items required: A banana, Karamjan rum and a knife.
The first thing he'll ask you to get him is a bottle of banana-flavoured rum. If you have not already done so, go to Musa Point, and buy a bottle of rum from the liquor store there. Then, go into the general store, take the banana and knife off the table and use the knife with the banana to slice it. Add these slices to the rum. (Be careful not to eat the slices!) Give it to Tinsay.
Note: Do NOT use a whole banana on the rum without slicing it. It will create a joke item, a banana stuffed into the top of the bottle.
Next he wants you to bring him a seaweed sandwich made with monkey skin. If you forgot seaweed get some from the shore south of Cairn Isle (the island that Tinsay is on). Use the monkey skin you got earlier with the seaweed to make a sandwich. Give it to Tinsay.
Note: Likewise, do NOT use a monkey corpse on the seaweed before taking the monkey to Tamayu for skinning. This will create another joke item, and you will need to obtain another monkey corpse and more seaweed.
Marinated jogre bonesEdit
You now need to get some burnt jogre bones marinated in karambwanji sauce. Be careful not to bury the bones! Use the bones on a Tinderbox to burn them. However if you are below 30 in Firemaking you will not be able to burn the jogre bones with a Tinderbox and you will have to burn them in the nearest furnace. Next, catch another raw karambwanji, and grind it with your pestle and mortar. Then, add the paste to the burnt bones to get Pasty jogre bones. Don't left click. Cook the pasty jogre bones on a range or fire to marinate them. Give these to Tinsay.
Now that you've helped Tinsay, he will regain his sanity and agree to return to Tai Bwo Wannai. Now talk to Tinsay again and use your Karambwan vessel on him. He will figure out engineering and give you an instructional crafting manual which you then need to take back to Tiadeche. Return this to Tiadeche and he will go back to Tai Bwo Wannai.
Wrapping Up Edit
After you're done with all three brothers, talk to the Timfraku again for your reward. Then, talk to each of the three brothers in their local shops for an additional reward!
- 2 Quest points
- 5,000 Cooking experience
- 5,000 Fishing experience
- 2,500 Attack experience
- 2,500 Strength experience
- All experience point rewards are gained from talking to the brothers after the quest rather than immediately.
- 2,000 Coins
- A karambwan-poisoned rune spear from talking to Tamayu in the village after the quest.
- Access to Tamayu's Spear Stall (sells cleaning cloths).
- Access to Tiadeche's Karambwan Stall (sells raw karambwans and karambwan vessels).
- The ability to pray at the newly repaired tribal statue (works like an altar) from talking to Tinsay in the village after the quest.
- The ability to catch and cook karambwans and karambwanji from talking to Tiadeche in the village after the quest.
- The ability to fight The Shaikahan (level 83 - you need a kp spear to hit it).
- The ability to teleport to Tai Bwo Wannai.
- You can also take part in the Smithing section of Otto's Barbarian training.