|Main Music||Undead Dungeon|
|Strongest Monster||Terror dog and Mutant Tarn|
|Quests||The Lair of Tarn Razorlor|
Click the map to view a larger version.
Tarn's Lair is located in south-western Morytania. Its entrance is located in the Abandoned Mine. It is a complex dungeon with lots of undead, and features a miniquest to kill Tarn Razorlor called The Lair of Tarn Razorlor. It's used to obtain the Salve amulet (e) and slaying Terror dogs after Tarn is dead.
- The Haunted Mine quest is required to access Tarn's Lair.
- Requires level 40 Slayer (cannot be boosted) if you wish to fight with Tarn Razorlor.
- 100 coins required each time you use the banker Odovacar (optional).
Recommended equipment Edit
This is an ideal place to use Guthan's armour. If you don't own Guthan's set, then good Melee armour, a weapon, good food and 1-2 Prayer potions is recommended. Even if you do own Guthan's set, taking some food is a good idea because of the numerous traps within the lair.
- The fastest way to get to Tarn is to teleport to Tarn's Lair via a Slayer ring. This will bring you directly outside of the room with Tarn.
- The second quickest way to get there is to use the Minigame Group Finder teleport to Shades of Mort'ton (activity), and go South into Burgh de Rott, and use the Agility stile shortcut to climb over the fence to the west and over the mine cart into the Haunted Mine.
- The third way is to teleport to Canifis then going via the Myreque shortcut, which is the trapdoor behind the Canifis pub, to Burgh de Rott. There is a shortcut between the town of Burgh de Rott and the Haunted Mine area.
Referring back to the map, please note the letters that identify the various doors and passages. The route that you need to follow is D-S-T-U. That means, by following the map, you do the following:
- Go through the passage labeled D.
- Next, go to the passage labeled S.
- Then, go through the T passage.
- Finally, go to U.
Before you go gallavanting off into this dangerous dungeon, there are things you need to know. This lair is very dangerous, and it's guarded by various monsters and traps.
There are numerous traps, monsters and passages within the lair.
Note: It is recommended that you have Auto Retaliate OFF whilst in the lair, because after disabling a wall trap, you don't want to run back across the spikes straight into the trap again.
|Floor trap||You will be hit 7-8 hitpoints if you run over a floor trap||They are fairly obvious, having a big X across the floor tile. Right-click and search floor to disarm the trap. Another simple alternative is to just carefully walk around them.|
|Wall trap||You will be hit 7-10 hitpoints if you run past a wall trap||These are harder to see, but generally only occur in narrow passages, so check for them when you're in a narrow passage.|
|Log trap||You will be hit 15-20 hitpoints by a log trap, and knocked to a level below.||Log traps only occur on jumps to pillars. There is sometimes (but not always) a right-click Search floor which will disable the log trap near one of the walls.|
|Receding walls||You will be pushed by the walls, and knocked to a level below.||Occurs sometimes on slim ledges. Just wait till the trap moves back into the walls and run past it.|
|Passage||N/A||Passages lead to new areas in the lair. Following the more ornate doors (especially with water-features) will eventually lead you to Tarn Razorlor.|
- Tarn Razorlor - A twisted necromancer, he was once an ordinary man, liking ordinary things. His speciality is necromancy.
- Odovacar - The poor banker who was sent to the lair. He charges 100 coins every time you use his bank.
Ancient Cavern • Ardougne Sewers • Clock Tower Basement • Eagles' Peak Dungeon • Elemental Workshop • Goblin Cave Mogre Camp (Port Khazard) • Observatory Dungeon • Temple of Ikov • Tower of Life Basement • Underground Pass • Waterfall Dungeon • White Wolf Mountain Caves • Witchaven Shrine Dungeon • Yanille Agility dungeon
Digsite Dungeon • Dorgeshuun Mines • Draynor Sewers • Dungeon of Tolna • Edgeville dungeon • H.A.M. Hideout • Lumbridge Swamp Caves • Saradomin Shrine • Stronghold of Security • Tunnel of Chaos • Varrock Sewers
Ape Atoll Dungeon • Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon • Dungeon (Player-owned house) • Entrana Dungeon • Evil Chicken's Lair • Grand Tree Tunnels • Jatizso Mines • Lunar Isle Mine • Miscellania & Etceteria Dungeon • Mos'Le Harmless Caves • Underwater Tunnel • Waterbirth Dungeon